gamemodesconfig

Started by PZ, September 05, 2011, 09:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

PZ

I must say that it certainly is fun to play a modded Far Cry 2.  I went to Schwasana to intimidate the police chief's brother, and the experience was different than ever before.  In the past, the mercs must have been wearing body armor because it took so many rounds to take them down.  Now with my modded 6P9, the pistol rounds take them down just like you would expect in real life - at least the mercs don't behave like maniacs on PCP any longer.  :-()

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Stryker7

Quote from: PZ on September 05, 2011, 09:31:02 PM
gamemodesconfig

http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=162

Ok guys, after having jumped through hoops just to get my FC2 updated to 1.03, and then having to use the 2 patch.*** files from the steam version, I FINALLY got the bootstrap mod tools to extract the folder tree and files.

My 3 Questions,

1) I had to replace the patch.*** files from the steam version, with the ones from the official 1.03 patch for the game to start, It refused to load with the steam version files, and I tried several times. Does this indicate that I have made a mistake, or that the tools, have not worked correctly, this is in NO WAY a criticism or complaint about the tools.

As a matter of fact, this is the perfect opportunity to THANK the developer of the tool, and another thank you for those that have been using the tools, and blazing the way for the rest of us. To all of you, thank you, and I really do believe that your efforts are going to make an already excellent FC2, into a game that we can continue to enjoy far into the future.

Back on point, concerning the refusal to load the steam version patch files, has there been some sort of mistake that I need to correct, before continuing. I am eager to get started, but dont want to spend hours working, only to discover it wont w@&k because I already screwed up.

2) Conerning the gamemodesconfig listed for download in the original post, is this one already modded ? If so, what mods were made to this gamemodesconfig ? I did a search but I did not find a list of what/ if anything has been done to the file. I did find a post "gamemodesconfig.xml changes" but that seemed to be a how to, and while very helpful, I did not find out if this gamemodesconfig has alrady been modded.

One slightly off topic comment, would it be possible to have some sort of desciptions on download pages for the files in the download section, it would save someone having to ask these sorts of questions.

3 ) I did find a link to a download named "Data_Win32.rar" on mediafire. It contains 2 patch files. Are the files in this download modded already ? If so, what mods have been done with them ?

If I missed a description somewhere about what is contained in these files, or other relevant info, I do appoligize for taking up your time. If not, I really need the info, as It would allow me to really get started with my mods.

Thank you all.

EDIT, I am not sure if it was my browser, or something about my settings on the forum, but I just revisited the download link to the gamemodesconfig and the bootstrap tools, and now I do see a description for the files, I think the rest of my questions are legitimate.

nexor

I removed the patch 1.03 and installed the Steam patch, PZ only have the 1.03 patch installed and said his is working fine, I understand it will only w%&k with one or the other and not the two together

Stryker7

Quote from: nexor63 on October 18, 2011, 12:22:15 PM
I removed the patch 1.03 and installed the Steam patch, PZ only have the 1.03 patch installed and said his is working fine, I understand it will only w%&k with one or the other and not the two together

Thanks for the information, it was just when it would not load, and I had to switch back to the original 1.03 files, that concerned me. I really want to get started modding this thing, First project is to see if I can add a non-explosive bolt for the crossbow.

PZ

nex is correct - I didn't do anything to my vanilla, non-Steam game and the mod tools worked well.  The patch files you can download are ones that you would have to out into the folder named by the file, but I don't know what the mods are - in any case, it is probably best to do your own just in case presence or absence of the DLC in that patch makes a difference.

The one bit of advice I can offer is that the folder structure is important - follow the directions exactly and all mod folders are automatically created.  The gamemodesconfig.xml file is already on one of the folders (forgot which one) and that is "vanilla".  That is one of the files you can mod - keep a backup in case you want to revert to vanilla.

nexor

Quote from: Stryker7 on October 18, 2011, 01:03:02 PM
First project is to see if I can add a non-explosive bolt for the crossbow.

That will be great, I've always loved a crossbow......

One other thing i'm thinking of, if it's possible to switch weapons around from one allocation to another, like swopping a primary weapon to a secondary and vise versa for instance......

Stryker7

Quote from: nexor63 on October 19, 2011, 01:22:44 AM
That will be great, I've always loved a crossbow......

One other thing i'm thinking of, if it's possible to switch weapons around from one allocation to another, like swopping a primary weapon to a secondary and vise versa for instance......

Switching weapons slots is a good idea. That is my favorite mod in STALKER. Using a SO Shotgun or an MP5 as a pistol slot weapon.

@Anyone. Everyone interested in the crossbow mod. I have played almost the entire STALKER series since I last played FC2. In STALKER, you have the ability to change ammo type. AFAIR This is not true for FC2.

So does anyone know of a mod, to do this, if not, then the crossbow mod would be an either/ or proposition rather than an explosive bolt and a silent bolt choice. So unless someone knows of an ammo switch mod, which I dont even think is possible in FC2, because that wasnt even in the vanilla version.

I still like the non-explosive bolt idea, and am going to do it for myself even if no one else is interested. Of course I will share with anyone that wants it too.

I can always use another stealth weapon, and there are already plenty of "BIG FRIGGIN BOOM" weapons. I just dont think that I can do different bolts for the CB, no way to change between the 2.

Stryker7

Quote from: PZ on October 18, 2011, 01:55:47 PM
nex is correct - I didn't do anything to my vanilla, non-Steam game and the mod tools worked well. 

Yeah, I figured it out. I finally got the Steam versions patch.*** to w@&k with my retail version. And the reason I even considered making that change was a suggestion that gibbed made at that other forum.

Quote from: PZIt is probably best to do your own just in case presence or absence of the DLC in that patch makes a difference.

Yep, that is what I am doing, I finally got it working with the mods. Now I just need to get started hunting down that explosive bolt for the cross-bow and changing it to a regular bolt, so that I have one more stealth tool in my kit.

TheStranger

I am very interested in the non explosive crossbow. When I first heard of the DLC content and that there is a crossbow I really thought it would be just a normal one - although it is not that bad of course and I even use it.

Ah yes before you start searching for it: The DLC.crossbow is not in the mymod or mypatch folder - it is in the libraries/world1/weaponpreferences.xml IIRC. There is a thread on how to change the AR-16 triple burst to autmatic, where this problem is also explained. Yesterday I took a look in the files, but didn't find anything useful apart from "issilent" "weaponclass" and "firestrategy" which differ from the springfield (btw. there is no weapon in the game which issilent=true - even the 6P9 has a false value beside issilent). The crossbow is on top of the file for your information ;)

PZ

the "issilent" class is interesting, and is found in several areas.  I wonder if it makes any difference in other xml files.

Tags:
🡱 🡳