Electric cello

Started by PZ, September 04, 2011, 06:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I thought this quite an amazing instrument in appearance.

Electric Cello

Art Blade

very stylish. Apart from the frame, it's also an unusual way to play it as if it were a full sized bass (needs that really long end pin unit and spike to match the size of that woman who looks quite tall).

Nice find  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

A long time ago I had a penchant for collecting various unusual instruments and learning to play them but about all that's left of my collection these days are the guitars, bass, a mandolin and a range of whistles with a low whistle at the bottom end pitch wise (equivalent to a flute) and a high key of D tin whistle (equivalent to a fife).

That electric cello is very cool PZ.  Seeing this video got that old collecting bug itching again.   ;)

I've been aware of this style variant for violin, viola and cello for quite a while.

There was a national big box music store that came into our area about 15 years ago and hung around just long enough to put all the small mom and pop music stores out of business before going bankrupt and closing.  It left a huge vacuum for music supplies for a few years.  That store had a couple of these cellos, a few violas and several body styles of electric violins on display.

I had tried to convince my wife who plays violin that she really should get one of each to expand and sharpen up her skills but she saw right through me and knew that I just wanted to get them home to play with them.   ^-^
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳