GTA's Favourite songs

Started by Binnatics, September 01, 2011, 10:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Hey all,

Just today I heard one of my all times favourite GTA songs on the radio: America, with "A Horse With No Name". It reminds me of the good times I've spent in the little villages around Los Santos. That happens to me every now and then, and it allways gives me a nice memory of that great game. I was wondering if there were more 'favourite GTA songs' around.
This song, I allways thought it was performed by Neil Young. Has his sound somehow. Same melancholic half sad, half warm sound. It fits perfectly by a motorcycle run through whatever countryside in San Andreas, moving from one city to the other for some obscure reason :-D
Here's the song I found on Youtube:
America - A Horse With No Name+Lyrics

I checked the Wiki about the song and I found out I'm not the only one who confuses the song with Neil Youngs w@&k. There were even people claiming the sound was stolen.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Great song, and yes, it does sound like Neil Young.  I used to listen to this song when off-roading in the deserts of Southern California - had some great adventures.

Binnatics

Quote from: PZ on September 01, 2011, 11:06:10 AM
off-roading in the deserts of Southern California.

A perfect match with the song :-X Wish I could have that same experience once ^-^ I'll be sure to bring that song with me if I ever get the chance ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

Another great song I love in GTA IV is the following:
It's a Russian song performed by Glukoza, called "Schweine", or in Russian: Глюкоза: "Швайне"  ^-^
It also provides a nice video ;)

Глюкоза - Швайне | glukoza - schweine

This Glukoza is very popular in Russia and had several hits from two albums. Both her parents are computer programmers, which could be the explanation for her preference for animated music videos. I checked the English translation of the song to be sure it wasn't some kind of obscure songtext, but as far as I can understand it's about her complaints of most guys she meets  ^-^

The song reminds me of the first impressions I got in the game. Back in these filthy backstreets full of East European immigrants and mobsters. When I started the game for the first time this radiostation (Vladivostok FM) was allways tuned in any car I drove. I began to like this song because of the drive it has, nice rithm, and tenacity which combined with my struggling during the first few hours of exploring the city  ;)

Art Blade

interesting. I have a few screenshots showing a "ZIT!" text message with songs I liked. Kind of hard to find those screenshots quickly because I have taken 8,000+ screenshots.  ^+-+
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

PZ

OMG - Art's number of screenshots are exceeded only by his number of posts!  :-()

Art Blade

I once deleted FC2's screenshots (8,000+) only to gather another 8,000+ until now. I love screenshots to pick the best for OWG  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on September 02, 2011, 09:50:29 AMhis number of posts

*ding!* just hit 13,000  ^+-+

By the way, you're currently just 107 posts away from turning "Apostrophizer"  :-()

PZ

Wow, I feel kind of like a slacker - in over two years I've barely posted more than the number of screenies you've thrown away!  :-()

oops... I'd better quit so we can get back on topic.  :-()

Art Blade

Binnatics

Not an official GTA song, but sure was an inspiration for the series:

Eazy E - Nobody Move

Art Blade

not available.. in Germany. :D

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on March 28, 2012, 04:19:09 PM
not available.. in Germany. :D

Do any of the proxy services circumvent the censorship?   ???? (e.g., hidemysass.com)

Art Blade

by that I would purposely infringe copyrights and we don't want that, do we  :(

Binnatics

Urhm, no I guess we don't want that :-\\ But your case is getting kind of extreme. Can't you 'lend' a bit of the Dutch copyright arrangements according you tube films? I mean hey, we are one big Europe, aren't we??!!  :-()

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on March 29, 2012, 09:24:10 AM
by that I would purposely infringe copyrights and we don't want that, do we  :(

Certainly not, but I'm not sure why that is a copyright issue - why is it open to the rest of the world and just not open to Germany?  That would seem more discriminatory or censorship rather than copyright unless there is something else behind the scenes that I cannot see.  ????

If it is just a censorship issue then I would not hesitate one moment to circumvent the block - I really dislike the government telling me what I can and cannot see.

Binnatics

Art told me it's not censorship. It's a government agency that protects the right of artists by making sure a certain amount of money is paid for every public display of their artwork. So in fact it's a good thing. In Holland we have sort of the same, but less strict. I think you tube is paying a minor quantity of contribution to this Dutch agency, but it seems that in Germany they aren't so easy, and want a fair piece of the pie. And I guess you tube ain't paying it.
You tube is almost like what Kazaa was back in the days. You can get whatever music you want, listen to it and not pay a thing for it. Why would people buy records or i-tunes if they can tune in so easily using you tube?
I know, we are different, wanting to buy discs and records, but we are a fast shrinking group :-D

PZ

I see.  Interestingly, YouTube indicates in it's fair use policy that you may not post copyrighted materials, and I have seen many videos taken offline because of violations.

I guess there is always someone waiting to take advantage of anything they can.  YouTube is a large outfit, and as such, cannot police each video.  It perplexes me however how YouTube would deny Germany because of copyright, but allow others, even though they clearly deny in some circumstances.

Art Blade

YT can either pay per click or offer a share of the advertising revenue. Whichever YT, German department, offered, wasn't satisfying for that company/institution called GEMA. Since YT didn't want to pay more than they see fit (probably than what they pay everywhere else) they never made a deal and that is why GEMA is blocking every single vid that is under their protection.

PZ

That's too bad - as usual, it is all about the $

Binnatics

There's one thing I don't get: This institution must have loads of people searching the net to block all that content one by one. Incredible that they pay such a huge amount of $ in protecting the right of these artists.
On the other hand, the advertisement money SHOULD go to the makers of all the content they're showing, famous artists or not. There's got to change a lot on the net according to both privacy and copyright. That doesn't mean that things should be blocked and pay-access-only, but I think companies like YT should be more like pure infrastructure, not a commercial business.

Anyway, I'm glad I have limitless access to YT (sorry Art) just because of the beauties like this song that we can remind, find and share with it. I hadn't listened to "Nobody Move" for 20 years I guess, but it was originally the song that sucked me into hiphop. I had it on my walkman when I cycled to school in the morning and it made me feel like driving in a low rider through Compton with a Tec 9 in my right 8)

By the way, here's another favourite of San Andreas:

Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas - Billy Idol(White Wedding)

Binnatics

Binnatics

Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳