PS3 crash / price drop

Started by PZ, August 13, 2011, 05:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Dang the luck - I loaded the game a couple of hour ago and watched the intro scenes.  Then when my character is standing on the dock ready for action, I press the menu button any my console locks up.  No biggie, I thought; just do a reset and all is good.  No such luck; now all my games won't run, and even blu-rays don't play.  >:(( :D

JRD

Geez.... sounds bad  ???

Hope you get it sorted soon, mate.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Wow  :o

That sounds like a hardware or firmware failure. No genuine software (game) should be able to cause a console to burn out. Incredibly spectacular mishap there, PZ  ??? Indeed, good luck  :-(
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Wow, that sounds really bad... should it have been just bad luck and coincidence, or should it have to do something with the GTA disc... No Idea. I hope you can fix the issue soon, good luck!!
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Not sure yet if it is hardware or software, but am leaning toward the hardware end of things.  I fired up the console this morning, and FC2 worked fine.  Then tried ACB and it too started.  However, when I started JC2, it began fine, but developed glitches as the console warmed up. 

I think I'll open the case and see how much dust is in there - might be insulating to the point where I'm developing heat failure.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on August 14, 2011, 10:46:47 AMto the point where I'm developing heat failure.

Please don't go that far. It's bad enough already that your console is falling apart.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

^+-+ :-X

I've heard rumors of a price drop on the PS3 this month, and will wait to see what happens - rumor is from a $50 to $100 drop.  However, you know how it goes with rumors.  In any case, I'll probably get a new console anyway because this one is already quite old (one of the old 40 gb originals), and I've received much fun from it.

ninzza

Sorry to hear your PS3 died. But here's the good news: Sony has just announced $50 price drop for the PS3 at Gamescom which held in Art's hometown, Kohn, Germany.  :-X

Art Blade

The Gamescom in Köln (Cologne) is a Mecca for some people. I just love to live here :-()

ninzza

Why you love to live in Koln ? because of the Gamescom ?  :)
Do you ttend Gamescom ?
Were you born there ?

Art Blade

I was not born there but have lived most of my life there. The Gamescom doesn't interest me (I'm not a nerd). I love the city because it is a very big village (  :-D ) whose inhabitants are very open minded and easily accessible, the city because of multicultural influences, many more or less important events, lots of art and media, and a long history (founded by a Germanic tribe in 38 BC and made a city by Romans in 50 AD). If you want to read more, check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cologne and with even more pics http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%B6ln :)

ninzza

PZ

Quote from: ninzza on August 16, 2011, 01:13:23 PM
Sorry to hear your PS3 died. But here's the good news: Sony has just announced $50 price drop for the PS3 at Gamescom which held in Art's hometown, Kohn, Germany.  :-X
Thanks ninzza, I'd been waiting for that announcement, and will get a new one soon.  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳