PSN outage info - PS3ers - must read!

Started by spaceboy, April 26, 2011, 05:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Not really a convincing restart, then, is it. *sigh* :-(
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Thanks for that heads up  :-X

Its amazing how prevalent these hacks are becoming, I have been beta testing a MMO called Rift, on opening day, their account system was hacked (there is a conspiracy theory that Blizzard did it).

They never shut down the servers, they just would not believe that they had been hacked and kept saying that their customers should be more internet savvy and becareful what they download and what sites they visit.

In fairness, they rather swiftly did introduce, some pretty effective counter measures, chiefly being that if the account was logged into, from a different location, it could be played and characters levelld up, but under no circumstances could the characters be deletd, neither could their gear be sold, nor could they "trade" with anyone, thus making hacking a futile effort.

On saying that, one of the players, who was an IT security analyst, decided to look into it and ascertained that there was a loophole in the games code that allowed the exploit, he duly informed the devs, who immediately closed the loophole and gave recognition to the player who solved the problem.

A good news story for a change :)

Fiach : Reading the news so you dont have to :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

PZ

fragger

Binnatics

Again, lol ^-^

Glad we PC gamers aren't the only ones with issues :-()
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

spaceboy

PSN was offline for most users for about 2 hours yesterday from what I understand.  I was at w@&k at the time.  I didn't look into any details of what it was.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Tags:
🡱 🡳