BioShock Infinite

Started by ninzza, August 18, 2011, 02:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninzza

Art Blade

Impressive. Quite some imagination behind all that, nice :)

However, not my cup of tea.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Impressive but, what happened to the underwater world? Is that where elisabeth takes him? I mean, after that 'dude' with fish eyes grabs her?
Kind of confusing...
I've played Bioshock 2 which was great. I remember the main goggle managed to escape the underwater madhouse, and took his little girl with him. Is that Elisabeth now? Really hope they get back under water. This looks all nice, but the fact that everything was under water made it special. Gotta check out other previews and trailers I guess

Edit: Okay, I get it. This is columbia, a floating city. It's something like rapture, the underwater city, but this time floating is the word. At least it's not another CoD-copy. Actually, when you get used to the idea of not being in rapture I think this game can be a spectacular adventure.   :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

ninzza

I'm playing BioShock, it's great. The gameplay in BioShock Infinite looks even better, I'm looking forward to it.  :)

Binnatics

I think it can be great. I read a critic though on a Dutch game forum where the guys who were able to try it out said that they had 'no idea how they traveled during a fight, using all these futuristic gliding rails'. They commented that the fact that you can run in and out the fire zone with these rails was a great invention, making the gameplay very unique, but also quite confusing in the beginning since they complicate the entire world in a heavy way.
Anyway, I guess I'd like to try it out myself. I love games who give these kinds of creative possibilities to fights.

I didn't play Bioshock (1), only Bioshock 2. It was a great experience. They really managed to make the atmosphere rich in different ways... old and dusty, as well as retro 30's. And the graphics really were explored into every little detail. With the music they used all together they were able to create a massive "mood" to the game.
The story was also very well thought out. And kind of sinister in a way.
Only I didn't like the multiplayer that much. Giving an imho unfair advantage to the players who were experienced already. They got all the good weapons unlocked which made noobs forced to play like cannonfood for the first few hours, until they managed to get some new load outs as well.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

ninzza

Motorized Patriot part 1 Gameplay:
I think George Washington in this game is much more badass than AC3  :-X :D

BioShock Infinite Motorized Patriot 1

Fiach

A great series, I have the CE versions of 1 with the Big Daddy and 2 with the vinyl LP record, looking forward to what they will do with the next one :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Binnatics

Me too, but I'm a little careful here. The single player mode in BS2 was marvellous, but the MP was a disaster ;)
Seems that this latest title is especially developed for that last feat. It might be great, if everything is working properly.  8-X

durian

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I had a C96 until someone stole it  :'(

Game looks interesting; I've not heard about it.

Binnatics

I think I'm going to give myself this game  ^-^

Fiach

I have The Last of Us preordered at Gamestop, but I'm afraid they will close down before its released (june), so I may transfer the deposit to this game, so I dont lose it, Usually I wait 'til the Bioshock Collector Ed. version drops significantly in price and get that version, but its nearly €100 here, which is kinda pricey for the "tat" thats in the current BI : CE (I think the new one is called "Premium"), so I guess it will just be the steelbook edition for me, this time.

Binnatics

@ steam you can get a 'season pass' for loads of DLC, €20,- extra :angry-new:
I don't know. I'll start with the original I guess, I have Bioshock 2 already, don't need no bundle or something.

Fiach

Just a heads up that System Shock 2 (Bioshocks main inspiration) has only recently been re-released and is available on GOG for $10.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/system_shock_2

Fiach

Infinite will feature a new game
mode that takes its cues from old school
hardcore games, developer Irrational has
revealed. Dubbed the 1999 mode, it's
essentially a tougher version of the title
where players' choices have "permanent
consequences" in the game and modern-day
features such as frequent respawn points
and an abundance of ammo have been
stripped out to increase the challenge.
The game mode came about following
feedback from the Bioshock community,
which unanimously agreed that upgrades
enhance the Bioshock experience but
crucially, over half also indicated the game
would be better still if any decision they
made during the game was a permanent
one. As a result the choices you make in the
game – from weapons upgrades to plasmid
selections – will have an irreversible impact
on how the game pans out.
Additionally, Bioshock Infinite's 1999 mode
is designed to challenge the best of the
best, as Irrational's blog explains: "It's not
simply a matter of adjusting the difficulty
sliders in the game – the team went much
further than that." Indeed, every element
of the game has been tweaked to increase
the challenge, with players forced to make
every shot count, plan out a strategy for
every scenario and effectively use weapon
customisation to increase their chances of
survival.
The health system will be overhauled too,
"set to an entirely different baseline"
according to Irrational, and while there will
be game saves, Creative Director Ken
Levine claims "you're gonna f***ing need
them."
Are you man enough to face Bioshock
Infinite's 1999 mode?

Art Blade

that's tough. Let's just hope that your avatar's death won't be that permanent a consequence that you'd need to buy a new copy of the game in case you wanted to give it another shot.  :-D

Binnatics

It sounds good. A new wind in a gaming world where the mainstream games seem more and more alike. I think I'm going to like this game a lot :-X :)

Fiach

Binnatics

GFWL is a dying concept. The only game that was released with it this year so far is a 13 in a dozen flight simulator called "Ace Combat: Assault Horizon – Enhanced Edition". If you see the last year's titles it's all going downhill. The only great title that was released with GFWL was Streetfighter X Tekken. Not really my taste. The rest was all "complete editions" or GOTY editions of already published games, and stuff like 'lego' games, soccer, flight simulators and not too great racing games.

I am a bit sad about it because I was pretty devoted to the achievements that could be won in the GFWL titles. They've lost great titles like Red Faction, Fallout, now Bioshock, and I bet that GTA V will come out (íf for PC) without it as well. And it seems even RE 6 won't wear the GFWL flag. Well, in 2012 there was RE: Raccoon city. Maybe that's a good game. Don't know, I missed it. :-\\

Fiach

I seem to remember signing into GFWL in one of the batman games...arkham city?

Binnatics

Yes, indeed. In my opinion, that's the last great title they host. It came out late 2011, imagine.  :(

Tags:
🡱 🡳