System requirements (unnoficial)

Started by JRD, August 15, 2011, 04:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Found that info on at least two different sites so it must be something pretty much like that

Batman: Arkham City System Configuration

Intel Core 2 Extreme X7900 2.8GHz or AMD Athlon II X2 240 Processor
    Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 or AMD Radeon HD 5670 512MB Graphics Card
    DirectX 9 Compatible Sound card
    4 GB RAM (Memory)
    Keyboard / Mouse
    10 GB Hard Disk Space
    Direct X 9

Nothing special but what I find weird is the DX9 compatibility requirement instead of, at least, DX10, when many games are being released with DX11 capability. FC2 (2008) already could run DX10  ????
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Also funny that they ask for an extreme  edition. And 4GB RAM, unless they require a 64bit OS because 32bit can only address 3GB.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

But again, this is not official... I didn`t find any info on system requirements in any "official site" so far.

I don`t think they are aiming at revolutionary graphics in this game. It takes place during the night - you know, bats are asleep during the day  ::) - so no day / night cycle, no dynamic shadows no flare etc. Also there`s no water in the game, maybe rain and puddles but if STALKER managed to have nice rain and puddles B:AA will too.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Binnatics

Aren't these 'extreme' series the processors that look the same and have the same specifications but with better on-board intelligence, something like pre-programmed calculating protocols? These CPU's are extremely expensive. If you compare that with the Athlon II x2 240 it sounds a bit weird. I think a regular dual core intel would be fine. Anyway, if you're able to play B:AA it should be fine as well for B:AC I think. I really liked the graphics of B:AA although they are not top of the bill. It all looks quite real.
There was only one weak spot imo, but that has not really to do with graphics: The fighting techniques are sometimes not really directed in a logical way. For example; sometimes Batman gives an uppercut in the shoulder, or a critical punch to the leg.
They could have made that more accurate. But for the rest, the graphics look fine to me.  ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳