What to expect in GTA V...

Started by Binnatics, August 12, 2011, 10:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

A good treat to start with should be what we expect in a new GTA game...

I can imagine some cool stuff they should re-introduce like; swimming under water, flying real planes, the Yetpack, bycicles, Police motorbikes, countryside, closed garages in stead of carparks next to the sidewalks, trucks with trailers, ambulance-missions, and off course, the good old vigilante-missions, gangwars (not like the gangwars in TLAD but like real territory fights like in Los Santos back in the days) and many, many more  :-D

Since they should re-introduce underwater swimming, they should also introduce a sub-marine  >:D
Imagine blowing up the boss' cruise-ship with a nice torpedo  ^-^ Or blowing dozens of policeboats while they are looking around for you  >:D
I remember there was a submarine parket in the docks in San Fiero somewhere. That made me think the next GTA would definitely have a controllable sub-marine in the game. Well, that wasn't so in GTA IV, so they have to make up with these expectations so to speak  :-()

I would also like to see some horses in the re-introduced countryside. In that way I can still enjoy a bit of Red Dead Redemption even though it won't come out on PC anymore  :'(

I've introduced allready in the GTA IV forum my thoughts about where on earth the next GTA should take place and I still think it will be in the states somewhere. Nevertheless I keep on dreaming about a GTA in a big city in Europe somewhere. How great would it be causing chaos in a virtual Amsterdam, London, Paris or Berlin  :-()

Something else I would like is the possibility to access multiple weapons through hotkeys, like being able to throw a handgranade without switching to it as if it was a weapon. I've gotten used to it playing other games and it really improves the gameplay ;)
Talking about weapons, I'd like to have a crossbow in the next GTA  >:D ....oh, I'm only getting started: What about a four-barrel-shotgun with explosive rounds  >:D Muuhahahahahaaaaaaaaaa
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I only started with GTA IV, I have never seen previous versions except a few pics. From my point of view, I'm glad I started at all and I want to go from here, not back, whatever there was.

Indeed, hand grenades should be something you throw without having to equip first so you could throw them at any time.

I need better aim control on the PC when driving a vehicle and shooting. Geez, what a wobbly thing that is, it definitely needs improvement.

I'd like suppressors (silencers) for my firearms. Would be so cool to be able to shoot a silenced pistol or sniper rifle at night in a dark street, snuffing a crook, without raising the alarm of the ever-vigilant police as it used to be in GTA IV.

The rest was pretty cool as it was, I'm already looking forward to the next sequel  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Sorry for keeping on commenting things that were previously there in earlier sequels, but the silenced handgun allready made it's introduction in GTA San Andreas.

I was searching the net for rumors about a possible GTA V and found a site mentioning the codeword "Rush" as te be the project that could possibly involve the new GTA. It was tracked on a site where they were collecting 'actors' to do various 'jobs' as certain 'persons' like FBI agents, freeked Weed gurus, desperate housewifes, countrymen and flipped bobo's from Beverly Hills.
It all sounded pretty much like a lineup for a new sequel of GTA, so that could mean it will take place in sunny California, with then off course Los Santos (LA) as main city.
Sounds great. It could mean the countryside will be back in the next sequel and who knows what more from 'back then' ;)

But again, they are only rumors and it could all be untrue. We'll just keep on dreaming  ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

It's OK if you keep commenting about previous games of the series, it is news for me, anyway  :-D What I meant was that I don't feel the need to try out prequels. The graphics are just too old, I wouldn't want to go back and see those while I already know GTA IV. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on August 12, 2011, 01:51:28 PM
... The graphics are just too old...
This is the main reason I hesitate playing older games, especially after experiencing the graphics we have in our newer titles.

Binnatics

Agreed! Going back to prequels (great word there Art  :-X) would be a shock in the GTA series. I've played a quite old game once, a year ago or something, it was Halo 2. Just when Halo: Reach came out. I felt like Halo somehow and bought that game. The gameplay and storyline were great. Have had a lot of fun with it. MP was good also. But the graphics shocked me in the beginning. Not even as dated as the early GTA series but after those great looking new games it was quite bothersome.
It's only a few moments though, if you just hang on you'll forget about it.
I don't recommend older versions of GTA to people who are new to the series, but I guess most GTA junkies will crawl back to them every once in a while just to dig up these great memories ;)

Art Blade

I can relate  :-() Thinking of HitMan:BloodMoney. Newest (so far) of the series, yet already "old" and the prequels ( :-() ) were cool, too. Having played all of them I can see how it may be fun once in a while to go back and play older titles for the nostalgic aspect but also how it may be something someone new to a series would want to avoid at all costs  :-D

JRD

Nice list, Bin  :-X

I can't remember anuthing I'd add to it. There's one thing I wouldn't like to see on any GTA game again though: remote control vehicle missions... the one with the RC plane in San Fierro was annoying. Controling that crap was just too clumsy and you would run out of fuel much too often to make it fun.  >:((
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Binnatics

Agreed on the plane and the heli's. But I liked the RC racing cars ;)
Blowing up mafia cars in GTA III (Those big gray sentinels) was a lot of fun :)

Binnatics

Having seen the brand-new trailer I've realized that one of my strongest desires may come true in "V". I've seen various planes; the old fashioned double-wing plane, the ultra modern private jet, I've even seen a boeing, and a very fast "flying something" moving between the skyscrapers that looked like a fighting jet. If we could just fly all these  ::) ::) ::)

Art Blade

Oh yes, fuel up and fly them straight into the next police department (don't forget to bail out in time) (pun intended) :-()

Binnatics

Stealing a boeing (from a hangar in an airport) is such an exiting thing.... :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳