Diablo 3 Playable only with an internet connection always on.

Started by Fiach, August 10, 2011, 04:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.306139-id-Software-Praises-Always-On-in-Diablo-3

OK, well this is acceptable in a MMO and Diablo 2 has an enormous following on battle.net, making it essentially an online game .... well to a certain extent anyway, but its a single player game too.

But no way will I buy a single player game that has to always be connected to the internet, sure, I play a lot of MMO's, because they are an online only experience, the dont have a SP component (well Age of Conan does, with one quest every 10 levels or so), but if I buy a SP game, then I expect to be able to play it however the hell I want.

I'll tell you what I will do, ignore it, I will also be ignoring Rage if thats the way ID feel about it.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

I'm with you there, Fiach. I hate those forced online sessions, I think it started with Assassins Creed (at least my first game with that "feature") >:((
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳