E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy STEAM ONLY

Started by Fiach, July 31, 2011, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

I bought this today on promo for 18 euros, This isnt a review, just a warning to anyone considering buying it.

The game is made on the Source engine, so dont be expecting awesome gfx.
The manual is freaking useless, the ingame tutorial is absolute shite.
The save system is auto save, so if you fail a mission, it will autosave the fail, you cannot reload and try again.
When you are getting shot, the screen goes all red so it can be bloody annoying trying to fight back as you cannot see your enemies as the gfx are very dark and a bit crap.
As you take excessive damage, your vision blurs ALOT and the gfx get all grainy, then your character will spontaneously empty the magazine clip into thin air, making it freaking impossible to fight back.
You have to find a quiet place then enter your character screen and select Maintenance to wait for a Progress Bar to remove these types of effects.
When you die, you respawn where you died, so chances are whatever killed you is still there and you are probably out of bullets.
You are allowed a certain amount of respawns per mission, dunno how many, more than 10 anyway, dunno what happens if you run out of respawns, maybe perma death, some injuries can affect your character permanently.
There are no med kits to pick up, so you play with the HP you have, I saw some research so there may be some later in the game. You can also have a PSI power that converts gear that enemies drop, into health.

People have compared the game to STALKER and I know some of you guys really like STALKER, so this is just a heads up on things to be aware of.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Wow. Incredible what some companies come up with and sell these days. Sounds rather archaic, to put it mildly  :-() Cheers for the warning, matey  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

The game is OK, I'm just worried that someone here will buy it because its "supposed" to be like STALKER, its more like HELLGATE : LONDON and all that entails. :)

Fiach

So, I walked into this secret room and there was a pink monster in there, shot it and went over to it to see if there was any loot and I died, so I thought, maybe I hadnt killed it fully, reloaded the mission, got to the room, killed the crap out of the monster, went over to it and died again, rinse repeat a few times, the same result, there is no other way out of the room, no hidden switches I could find, in the end I checked the forum and yup its a bug.

It wasnt until much later that I noticed a had permanent minus (-) figures beside some stats, they were due to all the deaths I had in that feckin room, avoid this PoS until it gets some hefty patches.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Yeah I saw that game at STEAM, even checked some vids on the gameplay to see what it looks like and it didn`t impress me at all. It looks a bit like old days FPS, something like another Quake with poor gfx... its clearly something STEAM tries to push to impulsive buyers  :D

Thanks for the heads up Fiach, will make sure this game is far away from my account  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Binnatics

Indeed thanx for the warning Fiach, I might buy one of these crappy games when I'm in desperate need for a new game. Warned ppl count for 2 ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Fiach

Well it looks old as its using the old Half Life 2 engine, what annoys me are people praising the game then when you ask them .... "yes but what about the bugs?"

They sort of shrug and say.... "so what, they will be patched eventually".

The company that makes the game have only 10 employees, so have fun waiting for that patch to be released lol :)

I reckon Steam are pushing the game as it uses the Source engine, so they will be pimping it out for a good while I guess.

I was playing it again earlier and it just gets more annoying, enemies can see you before you see them, guess they must have psychic AI, there were many times I was being shot at and just could not see who the hell was shooting at me the gfx are so shoddy.

They have snipers and when you try to aim at the snipers, their laser sights dazzle you, so you cannot shoot them with any degree of accuracy, due to their distance and the dazzling effect.

Enemies respawn as well, I killed everything on the map and was hacking a bank ATM and I hear footsteps and exited the hack, there was a soldier around the corner coming straight for me, this can be annoying when you start a map kill a soldier and you will have soldiers coming from all parts of the map, straight to you.

Also, people that enter co-op matches for some reason are getting their characters busted back down to Lv 1, so thats another thing to be wary of.

The devs accept that all these things I have mentioned are going to be patched, so I'm not just complaining for the sake of it.

fragger

Sounds like a real dog of a game :-\\ What are the clowns who push this sort of rubbish out the door thinking? Don't they ever playtest?

They're like the makers of lousy films, expecting everyone to be agog over their B-grade creations - the Ed Woods of the gaming world ::)

Thanks for playing that game so we don't have to, mate ;)

Art Blade

JRD

STEAM, if looking at the backstage, is just a company trying to sell stuff they make and stuff other companies make as well. If a company have a title they want to have for sale at steam it`s very likely that they`ll set a contract for steam to  have a package of games to make available instead of letting steam choose which games from that company they want to sell  ;)

Steam would obviously choose only games they know will hit good sales and leave the bones aside. The developing company will obviously push steam, by means of a sales contract, to have games that didn`t make good figures in order to try to have an income from those titles, hence steam featuring lame games in their front page or delivering demos or free-to-play games every now and then.

The bottom line is... choose wisely before purchasing anything!  ;)

Fiach

Its kinda telling that EYE has no demo available, I dislike buying games from Steam, GG or D2D, just in case they dont w@&k for whatever reason, at least if I buy a physical copy, I can go back to GAME or GS and return it, but a demo would solve my issues with Steam and the others.

JRD

You have a point there. I rely on reviews, youtube videos of gameplay and OWG to choose which game I`m buying next.

The demo of Wings of Prey sold me out, if it wasn`t for that demo I would probably never buy this game.

RedRaven

Cheers for the warning, reckon I will stick to Stalker ;)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Tags:
🡱 🡳