FC3 inspired by "Lost"

Started by ninzza, July 25, 2011, 01:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

QuoteHopefully Far Cry 3′s ending won't be quite so awful.

I hope there's no supernatural crap and time-travelling stuff all along either...  ???
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

ninzza

IIRC, they confirmed there won't be mutants/aliens/monsters in FC3.

RedRaven

Glad to hear they are keeping it real so to speak. It was one of the things that made FC2 a great game and a refreshing change from the majority of FPS games.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Fiach

Quote from: ninzza on July 25, 2011, 02:50:11 PM
IIRC, they confirmed there won't be mutants/aliens/monsters in FC3.

I think thats why I preferred Far Cry in africa, no aliens or freakin trigens (sp?).
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

JRD

Quote from: ninzza on July 25, 2011, 02:50:11 PMIIRC, they confirmed there won't be mutants/aliens/monsters in FC3.

You are correct, they confirmed that but you never know... if they are taking a few cues from LOST then, well, you know, the whole mystery, smoke monster, others...  ????

Gimme twisted minded merciless mercenaries but don`t give me supernatural crap... not on Far Cry, at least. I can handle that sort of stuff in other games, but not on my Far Cry!  :-\\

Art Blade

[admin]For readability reasons, I pruned all those quotes (particularly those that had quotes inside quotes) to a minimum. If you reply to the last post there is no need to quote it. If someone else quoted someone and you quote that, just cut down the quote to the actual reply by removing inside quotes. Much, much easier to follow. This topic had 2/3 of quotes and 1/3 of new content. Thanks, guys  :)[/admin]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Quote from: Art Blade on July 26, 2011, 01:25:09 PM
Thanks, guys  :)
Roger  :-D

Can you imagine what a pile of suck FC2 would have been if the jackal had sprouted green antennae and got beamed back up to the mothership at the end of the game?!  ^+-+

PZ

Indeed - I probably never would have even considered the game had it contained any kind of fantasy element.  I remember what sold me on FC2 - a video of a view through the Dragunov scope trained on the head of a merc walking down a town street.  It was so realistic compared to most other video games I'd seen that I was instantly hooked.  Dirty streets and buildings - even dirtier mercs, and not a monster in sight.

Agreed Fiach - I too  really enjoy the African setting - perfect for a solitary hero doing dirty deeds throughout the countryside.

fragger

I couldn't stand it if they went back to mutated monkeys and all that guff. I really, really, really hope they won't be tempted to, but I don't think they will. I really don't think they will. They won't, surely. They won't. They better not...

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Quote from: fragger on July 26, 2011, 06:15:32 PM
I couldn't stand it if they went back to mutated monkeys and all that guff.

Is that not the Wizard of Oz?
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

mmosu

Those guys freaked me out when I was a kid . . .  :-[

Binnatics

FarCry is about the raw truth... no voodoo or zombie or whatever creep will mess that up, can't believe that. Resident Evil did a great job exploring that particular side of Africa, they won't copy that. But speaking of islands... They say the whole thing is situated on an island, don't they? I hope it's still big... I love the endlessness of the wilderness in FC2. Let it be a BIG island, or some BIG islands, or lots of BIG islands.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Let's call Australia a "big island" and I'm all in.  :-()

ninzza

If FC4 set in Australia, it'd be cool  :-X

PZ

That would be a great setting - lots of varied terrain and hostile environments.  :-X

JRD

... and fragger going "did I ever tell you the definition of Aussie ?"  ;D

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Art Blade

:-D I'm just picturing this: The madman and fragger at that ledge staring each other in the eye, repeating their line over and over again, with a grim expression on their faces.  ^+-+

fragger

^+-+

Quote from: JRD on August 20, 2011, 09:46:39 AM
... and fragger going "did I ever tell you the definition of Aussie ?"  ;D

I probably would, too :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳