FC2 revival (yet another playthrough)

Started by Art Blade, June 13, 2011, 02:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I don't know how many times I played through FC2 but I think it's clearly more than ten times.  Not so long ago I started another playthrough and I thought I'd do a quick one this time, no side missions or buddy missions. Just straight. Still, my favourite distraction that has always kept me from finishing any playthrough quickly is not letting any merc go unpunished or any GP untouched, I'd much rather "compassionately" burn it to the ground and kill every merc than just drive through or around it.

Because we all like to see some pics, I made a few screenshots. They're from the second half (Bowa).

1) Post Office, mercs in awe.
[smg id=3385 type=link align=center width=500]

2) Weelegol Village.. waiting for them to come (just finished the last one)
[smg id=3386 type=link align=center width=500]

3) M-S Pipeline, blowing up the pipeline.
[smg id=3387 type=link align=center width=500]

4 + 5) A glitch at M-S Pipeline. When I move the slightest, it's gone, and I can do it back and forth.
[smg id=3388type=link align=center width=500]
[smg id=3389 type=link align=center width=500]

6) Dogon Village, the kiln, about to blow up.
[smg id=3390 type=link align=center width=500]

7) Briefing at Port Selao.
[smg id=3391 type=link align=center width=500]

8) The airfield. Anything wrong with this pic? -- No.  :-D
[smg id=3392 type=link align=center width=500]

9) Artificial Idiot Chicken. It ran towards the car and slammed into it (sounded like someone threw a stone at the car), then it did it again and -- died. LOL  ^+-+
[smg id=3393 type=link align=center width=500]

10) No, not the barge mission. And no, not the marina. This is at Rail Xing :)
[smg id=3394 type=link align=center width=500]

11) The prison. They're carrying away my "buddy" André. He deserves it.  >:D
[smg id=3395 type=link align=center width=500]

12) About to receive orders.. not without having made my point first.
[smg id=3396 type=link align=center width=500]

13) Receiving orders.
[smg id=3397 type=link align=center width=500]

14) At Sepoko, where I was to assassinate two faction leaders, I let one of the victims live. In return he gave me the opportunity to kill the assassination contractee. Looking at the open office windows.
[smg id=3398 type=link align=center width=500]

15) Throwing in two Molotovs rather than sniping him..
[smg id=3399 type=link align=center width=500]

16)  Mission accomplished  :-()
[smg id=3400 type=link align=center width=500]

17) Because I didn't blow up the bridge, I may now enjoy a nice view, relaxing after all the killing :)
[smg id=3401 type=link align=center width=500]

Now I'm looking forward to doing some serious damage at the Landing Zone. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

check again, I had one pic missing, needed to rearrange them ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Great pics  :-X

Every time I see FC2 postings, I want to go back into the game.  :-()

ninzza

Great screenies Art  :-X
The annoucement of FC3 got me to play FC2 gain after about 2 month break.  Graphics looks a bit dated but the gameplay is still as exciting as ever.  :)

eor123

I was waiting for LA Noire to be released and started what may have been my 12th playthrough of FC2. I had LA Noire sitting on the table with my stepsons begging for me to play it so they could get it from me .. but I was determined to finish FC 2 first.  :-()

It was, I think, my 4th play through on Infamous. I am a completionist. I can't play without doing every possible mission and collecting all the diamonds and the tapes. Infamous is maddening.  :D

I finished LA Noire in about 25 hours of game time...and went back to FC2 for an occasional diversion. Hardcore seems easy now.  I have a handy Act One save spot now in which I have all of the weapons unlocked and have collected all of the diamonds but have done no missions. From there I can pretty much jump in for a while and do whatever with whatever. I'm going to create a similar save spot in Act Two eventually.

I still hear or see something new from time to time. Last night I did a convoy mission and the big truck landed on top of me but it didn't kill me. I was alive but trapped inside the truck, burning with mercs shooting at me. I kept injecting myself and trying to crouch or jump my way out but couldn't. Weird. 

"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

cheers, guys  :)

Hehe, Eeyore, for the first time I nearly died in a quite similar accident. I blew up an AT with my MGL-140 and the burning wreck came flying perhaps 30 yards towards my parked car and landed on it "back to back"  ??? Fortunately I wasn't in the car and again, fortunately I was able to drive away in it, dropping the wreck off and behind me  :)

ninzza

I've just had a pretty weird experience. I went to the tower in the north east of Bowa to do an assassination mission.
I parked my truck near the foothill and then walked up to the tower. After listening to the message. I was looking down to my truck and  suddenly, I saw 4 mercs were standing close together about over 100 yeards away from my truck, they apparently looking for something on the ground. I used my monocular but I didn't see anything. Then I took the mercs one by one with my dart rifle. The funny thing was that the guys didn't get alert and go searching me even after their comrades got shot.  I'd never seen this before in my previous playthroughs.  ???

PZ

Interesting experiences - can't say that I've had those yet.  That's one of the things I like best about FC2 - you never know exactly what kind of funny moment might pop up next.

Art Blade

Indeed.. and yes, interesting. Never seen that before.

Speaking of the unseen and new, I had a new one myself today. I was about to enter a faction's HQ and wanted the bouncer to frisk me so I could get in but instead of pressing the interaction button I pressed the one that made me throw a hand grenade at him and for some reason I was able to press the interaction button almost immediately thereafter. It resulted in the hand grenade to bounce off of the bouncer who then started to frisk me but got killed doing so while I shook a little watching the door in front of me. It then opened and I got pushed inside "into safety" because the hysterical mercs outside couldn't find me and started to go ballistic while I was stuck inside at the entrance. I was alive but couldn't move. I had to reload a savegame.

PZ

Art Blade

quite funny to listen to the ruckus for a while from where I was, yes  :-()

mandru

ninzza?  Was that the cell tower that has the hang glider right there?  Or was it the one to the East of there closer to the Polytech?   ????

I've had times at the cell tower (the one with the hang glider to get the diamond case off the cliff to the South in the center map North Bowa) and that nearby GP that bridges over the river when I've driven in coming from the South (by way of the gun shop) and skirted too close to the previously mentioned GP.  It can cause some of the mercs to come up looking for me in a situation that sounds a lot like what you've described and I'm wondering if that's the case for you too.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

ninzza

Quote from: mandru  on June 14, 2011, 07:06:52 PM
ninzza?  Was that the cell tower that has the hang glider right there?  Or was it the one to the East of there closer to the Polytech?   ????

I've had times at the cell tower (the one with the hang glider to get the diamond case off the cliff to the South in the center map North Bowa) and that nearby GP that bridges over the river when I've driven in coming from the South (by way of the gun shop) and skirted too close to the previously mentioned GP.  It can cause some of the mercs to come up looking for me in a situation that sounds a lot like what you've described and I'm wondering if that's the case for you too.

Yes, the cell tower with the hangglider.
I still dont know how to use the hangglider  :'(

Art Blade

ninzza

PZ

That's a glider that I often use (the only one I use more is the one at the Dogon Village).  To get an assassination mission, I typically start at the northeast bus stop - go to the armory nearby and wait for the GLAT, which I steal.  Driving west, and following the roads to the Outpost, I grenade the place into submission, then off road to the edge of the river near the cell tower.

For fun, I attack the fishing village GP and then make my way toward the tower for my mission.  Once the mission is received, I fly the glider back to the GLAT I parked at rivers edge.  This is a fun and quick way to get to the often out of the way cell towers.

Art Blade

I'm through :)

Two things worth mentioning: I was able to collapse the bridge over at the heart of the jungle without using fire (the fire you see was just collateral when the fuel crate blew up subsequently) and I was able to smuggle in a weapon when I met the Jackal in prison.  :-D

[smg id=3408 type=link align=center width=500 caption="FC2 revived 018"]

[smg id=3409 type=link align=center width=500 caption="FC2 revived 019"]

[smg id=3410 type=link align=center width=500 caption="FC2 revived 020"]

mandru

:o

The obvious question is did you smoke him as per your initial assignment?   >:D

Any idea how you managed that Art?
- mandru

PZ

Art Blade

:-()

Mandru, don't you think I'd have posted a pic, no, a new topic, about a confirmed kill of the Jackal with detailed screenies if I had managed to smoke him?  ;) So no, I didn't. Because it wasn't possible. I'll explain why answering the second question.

I do remember how I managed that. Anybody who enters the prison can do it. Actually it was almost predictable and I just proved it by actually doing what I had imagined:

When the Jackal is in prison he turns it into a cease-fire zone that makes you holster your weapon. So when you leave that kind of zone, you'll whip out your weapon again and see it in front of you.

When your buddy is in prison with you, he will be dragged into a different cell where you can visit him -- he turns his cell into the same kind of zone. So when you leave it, you'll whip out your weapon again and see it in front of you.

Get it?  :) What I did was rather than listening to the Jackal, I went downstairs into the cell where my buddy had been and when I got out.. I whipped out my weapon again and saw it in front of me  ;D Since I already was in the Jackal's zone while I whipped out the weapon I successfully tricked it  ;D

Unfortunately it was still a cease-fire zone and that meant I couldn't pull the trigger nor switch weapons.

Dweller_Benthos

I think I remember seeing a video where someone did successfully kill the Jackal there, and it broke the game, since he is needed to open the door to let you out into the third act. Forget how they did it though.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

That's what I was thinking about, then -- if I killed him there it'd probably break the game.

mandru

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on June 16, 2011, 10:00:43 AM
I think I remember seeing a video where someone did successfully kill the Jackal there, and it broke the game, since he is needed to open the door to let you out into the third act. Forget how they did it though.

A mortar round from outside the prison before entering if I remember correctly.   :-D
- mandru

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

I'm pretty sure they didn't use the mortar, but got in with a weapon and shot him.

This might be it, he used the mortar door glitch

Far Cry 2 Glitch- How to Shoot, and Kill, The Jackal
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳