Want to know how a HD works?

Started by deadman1, June 12, 2011, 06:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

I took one apart once that came out of an old computer I was getting rid of.  I was able to get the magnets out of it - those little devils are strong!

Art Blade

;D :-X

Strong magnets can also be found in loudspeakers. I found out that one of them, when rubbed around on a ghetto blaster, particularly near the audio head of the tape recorder, can cause a very interesting and long-lasting effect. The guy (a bully) whose boombox I had secretly "worked on" was very angry because he couldn't understand why miraculously no matter what tape he put in all he could hear was a very painful squealing and wailing.  >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Thanks for that video deadman, it was quite facinating!  :-X

Its ironic, maybe a year ago I posted a similar video on how a record was manufactured, so we have both ends of the techonological timeline on how data is recorded and stored, which is another example of how diverse, informative and entertaining this site is :)

Thanks again :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on June 13, 2011, 01:07:44 AM
... The guy (a bully) whose boombox I had secretly "worked on" was very angry because he couldn't understand why miraculously no matter what tape he put in all he could hear was a very painful squealing and wailing.  >:D

^+-+ :-X

mmosu

As good natured as you normally are Art, I'm sure the guy had it coming!  ^+-+

Art Blade

sure did  ;D The story happened like 30 years ago, though  ;)

mmosu

Do you even remember what he did to finally engage your services?  :-()

Art Blade

yes, steal some of my stuff (boarding school / -home). In particular some of my tapes. What good is a tape if you can't play it? So I got my stuff back when he wasn't around and left my mark on his favourite tool.. he wouldn't need my tapes any more for some time ;) He never found out although he must have suspected it and he never again stole from me.

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳