Mass Effect 3: Dust off your Shepard ME3 Heads up!

Started by mandru, June 08, 2011, 09:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Watching the E3 reports on TV for games that will be announced/coming out, I saw that Mass Effect 3 is having a big release and it will continue to support the aspect of the game where your Shepard character will once again roll over into this new episode bringing along with them the decisions you made in previous games!  Lost a favorite friend you'd like to see in this new game?  You might just have to replay that scene where they died to get them imported into ME3 or you can go back and snuff someone that you want to be rid of.   >:D

Context: Your Shepard has been recalled to Earth to answer for their actions by bureaucratic pencil pushers that understand nothing beyond the bottom line of the number of pennies spent and also wouldn't recognize evil if it kicked the door in and bit them on the a$$, which it's about to!

ME3 Takes place on Earth and it has been reported that this is still a great place for players who have never played one or both of the previous games in the series to jump in and get their feet wet (Ewww! What was that I just stepped in???   :-D )

The bad guys have arrived and it's about to get nasty out.   ;)

Edit: added the full game title so this topic will be easier to find. /Art
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Nice.. sounds interesting :)

I wonder what happens if you haven't played either 1 or 2, will every character be available to you? Like, when you killed some in the prequels, they'd be unavailable. If you didn't kill them because you never played any prequel..?  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Quote from: Art Blade on June 08, 2011, 10:27:54 AM
Nice.. sounds interesting :)

I wonder what happens if you haven't played either 1 or 2, will every character be available to you? Like, when you killed some in the prequels, they'd be unavailable. If you didn't kill them because you never played any prequel..?  ;)

WTH Art????   :D I  just read your question and the space/time continuum broke! Get it sorted please! /kthxbye  ;D
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Fiach

Quote from: mandru  on June 08, 2011, 09:55:03 AM
Watching the E3 reports on TV for games that will be announced/coming out, I saw that Mass Effect 3 is having a big release and it will continue to support the aspect of the game where your Shepard character will once again roll over into this new episode bringing along with them the decisions you made in previous games!  Lost a favorite friend you'd like to see in this new game?  You might just have to replay that scene where they died to get them imported into ME3 or you can go back and snuff someone that you want to be rid of.   >:D

Mandru, sounds like the PERFECT sequel! Thanks for the heads up mate :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

KingRat

Haven't seen any E3 yet, but my latest issues of PCGamer and Xbox mag have good articles.

And for people like Art, Bioware included James Saunders to ask Shepard questions like "what are reapers" "who are cerberus" etc.. ;)

For myself, I have around 20 save files to import. I didn't keep notes, but do know most of the females were renegade while the male characters went paragon.

I've put over 500 hours into Fallout 3 since April and am now working my way through New Vegas...

mandru

As near as I could make out from the interview I watched I think I heard that a first time player in ME3 will have access to all of those characters that may have otherwise died along the way for someone that has played through the previous two games.  An action or decision made in prior games will open or close doors in ME3 but a first time player will not be brutally penalized for this being their first time playing a game in this franchise.

I'm betting that there is a a script for the scenes and it will be populated from a pool of potential available characters that would best fit certain roles.  So a new player probably wouldn't walk on to the bridge of their ship and find 12 parallel first officers waiting for commands or some other similar situation.    ^+-+
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Hey KingRat.. been some time  ;)

I played ME1 but never to the very end. Maybe 2/3 or 3/4 of it. I did kill some people but well, in case I buy ME3 I won't use a half-baked save file from the first episode I reckon  :)

and by the way, funny comments, Fiach and mandru  :-D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳