Toughest "Heart of Darkness" ever

Started by JRD, May 30, 2011, 06:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

On my last playthrough - finished just a couple hours ago - I did just what I felt like doing in the moment. Didn't bother doing all buddy missions, which took me to different missions such as killing Yabek at the barge without blowing up the bridge. It happened as I killed all buddies even before doing their missions so I had no choice.

What I didn't have either was the upgrades that comes with the missions so my safehouses were merely a shack to sleep at with no explosive stash or GLAT parked in the driveway.

I did the convoy missions just  to have my fav weapons and the assassination contracts for the fun of it
Loadout 1: Dragunov, M-79, SAW
Loadout 2: MGL-140, UZI, Dart rifle

It was a pretty fast playthrough, 37 hours, if compared to my average 50 hours and I went straight to the prison after killing Vorhees and the lieutenant at the TaeMoCo mine - which wasn't flooded, by the way. I finished one of the faction leaders at Port Selao and could've done the other one too but I just shot everybody at the mine.  ;)

I usually choose not to sleep and do the missions one after the other regardless the time and weather condition so I entered the Heart of Darkness at night, short on ammo, with no upgrades available and with a level 4 malaria kicking every 15 minutes or so, playing on hardcore!  ???

I'll tell you guys... that was one tough ending for me... but what a great playthrough  >:D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I've tried similar, and it is fun.  What (if anything) did you do about the malaria?  ????

JRD

I had a long hiatus between beginning and ending this playthrough so I don't remember exactly how the underground missions unfolded.  :-[

I'm sure I did a malaria mission everytime I had to but since I skipped a lot of subverted missions plus no diamond hunting I probably reached a point near the end of act II where underground missions are no longer triggered and was still in a level 4 of sickness  ????

Who knows? It sounds possible in my understanding  ;D

PZ

Very interesting - what happens when you have an attack - do you just fade for a moment, pass out?  I don't know much about the malaria attacks because I typically have done all of the underground missions.  On the few times that I did not, I passed out eventually and woke up in front of the Dr. in the clinic.

JRD

I seem to have a magic-malaria-pills-flask with me because I don`t run out of those tic tacs  ;D

What I think happened is: you are prompted to do an underground mission every X in-game hours. When you reach a certain point of the game (I guess it`s something like when you are sent to get the diamonds case, gets caught by the jackal and wake up at the prison, which is pretty much about to end Act II) you are no longer prompted to go after pills, no matter how bad you are. It would somehow break the pace of the game since you are close to Act III - HoD

So I must`ve reached the end of Act II with malaria level 4 in less than X hours and no other underground mission were triggered so I had to go on mighty sick and with the unlimited supply of pills  ????

I even had an attack while killing the two remaining lieutenants at that gorge right after the LZ and before meeting the Jackal at the shack to choose between the battery or the briedcase... it`s 5 minutes before the end of the game  ???

PZ

Quote from: JRD on May 31, 2011, 07:54:43 AM
...I even had an attack while killing the two remaining lieutenants at that gorge right after the LZ and before meeting the Jackal at the shack to choose between the battery or the briedcase... it`s 5 minutes before the end of the game  ???
^+-+  That would be a shocker!

JRD

On a sidenote: a read today that FC3 will pick up where FC2 drops... the starting scene on FC3 will be the end scene on FC2  8)

That`s what the rumors said, at least  ::)

Art Blade

Ever since I saw a pic of cow in full scuba gear, I am prepared to believe things I wouldn't have before. ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

JRD

Tags:
🡱 🡳