Portal 2 noob

Started by deadman1, May 30, 2011, 08:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

I just got Portal 2 today and I have managed to get as far as to the old parts of Aperture Science. So far it has been a rather easy trip, there were only a couple of chambers that gave me some problems but all in all they seem to be a little easier than in P1. Anyway it´s a barnstormer of a game and I can´t wait to see whats next.  ;D

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

I think things get trickier in the old parts since you have new elements like the gels and since it is more open structurally it's harder to "see" the solution.

I just finished the co-op campaign with a friend and what a blast that is too.  It really feels like two complete games in one package.  There are definitely some "lol" moments in co-op especially when things don't go right.

Communication, while being key, I think almost makes it more funny if it is hampered a bit.  I had a mic, but my friend was only using text to chat (I'd sometimes type as well).  It  just feels even more like robots trying to communicate when perfect human voices are not heard. 

Reading the text "that needs to be bouncy" while my friend hits the pointer marker like 15 times at a platform just made me and my son crack up wildly.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

mmosu

Man, I still need to go through co-op, but I really wanted to get a headset first.  I played through the "team building" tests a few days ago with a guy that steam randomly matched me with.  It was fun, but he had obviously been through it before - I was pretty much along for the ride, although there were a few times where I had solved the puzzle in my head within a few seconds of seeing it and we were on the same wavelength as far as solving went, resulting in a quickly solved test chamber without any communication between us at all, which was cool and kind of funny :-X

Binnatics

The multiplayer is great indeed. I hope they will launch more available chambers. Map-editing is too much w@&k for me. It took a day to create a single square room with a door in it. When I tried more complicated stuff it took me even more time, and it didn't w@&k :(

Communication is a must. Simply because the other person won't look automatically at the point where you indicate to do some with his portal gun or so. The pointer is quite usefull though; It's much better then explaining your teammate every time where he should do something. It makes the total communication better. Imagine in real life talking someone through a room with obstacles without the ability of using hands to make gestures. I would feel like a handicaped  :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

spaceboy

I think the best experience is going through chambers the first time with someone else the first time.  It's unfortunate, but that's the nature of the game I guess.  Along the lines of what I said before, the funniest stuff is when things go wrong, followed by the joy of getting it done right.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

fragger

Hey deadman, good to see in you in the chambers :)

There's still a twist or two ahead of you, and there's some very cool new puzzle elements in the second half. I guarantee you'll love what happens after the last big boss fight 8)

Art Blade

deadman, in case you've managed to acquire a headset in the meantime since we played FUEL together, we might try some portal MP  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

After gigabytes of updates (hauling that monster comp to someone's house who has broadband is not fun) I can finally play this game that I got over a month ago. Only just started the missions after you hook up again with Glados, so not too far into it yet. I'd love to try the coop mode, and if my new wireless internet connection can handle it, I may try to hook up with one of you guys, sounds like fun.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Any time, D_B  :) :-X

Fiach

I'm afraid to play the game in case it makes me look stupid :D

Theres a very good puzzle game on XBOX Live called Limbo, well worth checking out :)

Limbo: HD Gameplay
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Fiach

Art Blade

I've read or heard about Limbo before. The first vid was entertaining and educational, the second one made me grin quite a bit  >:D :-X

And I don't think playing Portal2 would make you look stupid. Unless you are.. which I think we all are at times.  :-()

mmosu

Limbo looks very cool!   :-X

Very stylized, very dark.  It's like Tim Burton's version of Little Big Planet, if you can imagine that!

Fiach

Quote from: mmosu on June 07, 2011, 04:53:56 PM
Limbo looks very cool!   :-X

Very stylized, very dark.  It's like Tim Burton's version of Little Big Planet, if you can imagine that!

Actually that is a perfect description mate :)

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: Art Blade on June 07, 2011, 12:00:21 PM
Any time, D_B  :) :-X

Hopefully my ping & transfer rate once I get a decent antenna up will let me play online. Just hope that the amount of data needed doesn't max out my limit.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Binnatics

I think you'll be fine Dweller. Shuldn't take too much bandwidth I guess.

@ Fiach: That Limbo game is really funny. And indeed, nice graphics, special. I don't think it's for PC as well? Funny how these oldfashoned 2D platformgames still can entertain us. It's a brilliant formula  :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳