Assault on the Northern Railyard! (with video)

Started by Bravo, April 13, 2009, 03:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bravo

Since the embedding doesn't currently w@&k for me I still wanted to get this video out for you guys to see. As soon as I figure out how to emb it (help!) I will!

Enjoy the video, and please ignore the TS chatter :P the dude didn't know I was making a video...At least you all know what he was about to eat :P

NOTE: Make sure to watch in HD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGFE8rBdP4s

JRD

Here you go Bravo...

[smg id=76 type=av]

I took the liberty to embbed it here, hope you don't mind!
What I do:
- Copy the URL code provided by youtybe
- Go to Gallery>Video> Add item to this album (or create your own album)
You get to a screen where you enter a title and description of your vid. There is a field like "Or Embed URL (remote videos)".
- Paste the URL you copied from youtube there and hit submit.
You go to another page displaying your video.
- Copy the BBC code below the video into a new topic and thats it.
That's how your video got here.

Now to the topic:
Nice one using the flare gun to light some mercs.
I have used it to do so before but your vid inspired me to try harder  ;D
Agressive loadout he?
I will go north again, just to use my mortar on those mercs. But I'll fire from up the cliff you came through ;)
Will post here when I'm done....
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Great video Bravo!

To embed your own follow this procedure:

• go to the Gallery link and then choose Video. 

• Click the link to Add an item to this album and enter your title, description, and past the link to your YouTube video in the spot called Or Embed URL (remote videos)

• Then hit the Submit button and you should see your video embedded into the page. 

• Now look for the BBC embed code item and copy that item (it should look something like [smg id=xx type=av]

• Start a new post and past that code directly into your message - the site will convert it into the preview of your movie.

PZ

That's funny JRD, we both posted the same instructions at the same time!
;D :o ::)

JRD

Yes... I just realized it right now hahahahahaha
Well... now Bravo have his vid twice ;)

PZ

As a cool aside, look how quickly he received not one, but two responses - I wish that there were more forums where the folks were as accommodating!
:)

Art Blade

indeed, very nice peeps here.

The vid is very entertaining, nice shots with that flare. I liked the coolness when you threw those molotovs at the sniper guard and calmly studied the map, throw another cocktail, in peace and quiet do anything but care what that sod does LOL. Quite hardcore to move in there like that... I used the small grenadelauncher and a sniper to take out that railyard, always from far above, hiding on top of those rocks.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

That's an excellent video, great quality on HQ and a blast to watch.  I didn't realize the flare could be used so successfully, I'll have to try.  I like how the one guy ran right into it just as it exploded.  Classic.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Zomby Woof

Yeah man, great video, very well done!  I gotta echo spaceboy's thoughs on the flare gun.  I've just used it to start fires, but you were taggin fools in the chest with it.  Nice, that gives it a whole new application, I have to try that myself!

Bravo

Thanks for the instructions! (x2 :D) Now that I think about it, it isn't really that hard...I just put the wrong link in. ::) I used the embed code provided by google instead of the normal video URL. :D

Sometimes I just enjoy going in full on. Its a nice change from the usual sniping or going in silently. And now, since I practically just travel around assaulting big bases with no missions to do I think of new and fun ways to attack. Does anyone have any ideas about what my next video should be?

Oh and yes, using a flare gun as a pistol is good fun and effective! ;D But remember you have to aim quite a bit higher at further distance because the flare drops off really quickly.

JRD

Bravo, check the articles section on the menu above and the missions section on forums.
You'll find a topic called "Raid the area series" where we post pics and vids (none so far) on how to raid an area of the game.
You can find great ideas on how to do it a different way and fill in with  "Raid the slaughter house" or "Raid shwasana" or whatever area you thinkwould be funny  ;)
If you want to raid an area that has already been posted, go on and do it.
If we have 2-3 or more ways to assault the same area, the more fun we have to talk about  ;D
As we post, PZ adds a link to the maps (when he fids time, of course) so users can click on it and be redirected to pics, vids and stories as they study the maps, what is very coll

Tags:
🡱 🡳