Going loud...

Started by PZ, May 21, 2011, 09:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Weapon set in my last play through as Warren consisted of:

• Primary - AS50
  • Secondary - 6P9
  • Special - SAW

My usual weapon set has mostly been complete stealth - MP5, 6P9, dart.

The stealthy approach is fun because it requires careful approach, usually beginning with long range softening up of an area with the dart, then quickly and quietly moving about the area using the 6P9, and if seen, resort to the MP5.  The silent weapons can set off flammables, but often not efficiently.  The large propane tanks will begin to flame with a single pistol shot, but it takes 3 shots to cause one of the small propane tanks to explode.

The AS50 is an excellent long range weapon, with the most powerful round, and the most powerful optics.  However, it is prone to quick failure even with the reliability upgrade, so it is best to pick up a new one after each mission.

Current method of approach - find a sniper spot that is so far away that you can't hear any activity at the area, then shoot mercs and/or flammables.  It is possible to get off a complete magazine before moving is recommended - it takes a long time for the mercs to make their way to your position, it is so far away.

The last time at Sepoko, I crouched on a high rock near the safe house northwest of the area and picked off the sniper.  Then setting off the three red fuel cans with a round from the .50, the fires started.  Confusion allowed me to target a few more that were attempting to hide among the debris.  Then moving in an arc toward the crossing (while always crouched), I hid in the grass as mercs ran past me toward my former position - drawing the 6P9, the outcome was inevitable.

I must say the new method of attack is also very fun - very long distance shooting to cause chaos and confusion, then sneaking in to take out the area with the 6P9.  If you stay crouched, remain in the grass as much as possible, and move quickly, it is easy to remain unseen.  If you're lucky, you can clean out the entire area never having been detected.

Oh yeah... almost forgot... I have the SAW handy just in case I'm seen.  :-()

Art Blade

:-()

Sounds good  :) :-X I'm currently using the AS50, M-79 and PKM/SAW. Sometimes replacing those MGs with my dart rifle. But hell, yes.. big bang equals big fun  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I'm currently using AK47 (since I allways want an assault at hand) the M-79 granade launcher, and the Dart Rifle. In case there's a distance approach possibility I use the Dart rifle to clear 3 or 4 mercs. Then, I run right into the Chaos killing the rest with my Assault. If there is an AT coming a t me, I grab the M-79 to blow them away with a one-shot granade-bang.
I'm thinking on replacing the Dart Rifle for a desent Mortar, but it's still locked, so that's for later. Then, when possible I might replace my Assault for the AS50. And maybe take the MAC-10 for secondary again. Or some other light bullet-burst-weapon.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I see that you see the endless possibilities.. calling for yet another playthrough.  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I see that you see that I see that.... urhmmm... whatever, you're right! But I'm all exited about that mortar. One armorymission away...  ::)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

hehe, then you might want to read about that weapon (and my extensive tests) in our mortar topic  :)

Binnatics

You allready told me that thing is hard to handle. I'll definitely check it out first. It should just be fun to have explosives that massive  >:(

Art Blade

The portable rocket launchers are not bad, either, and the explosions are probably just as massive. Check this rocket launcher impact in Port Selao when they break the cease fire after the barge mission, there is a guy on one of the rooftops and fires those..  :-()

[smg id=3349 type=link align=center width=500 caption="FC2 Port Selao war 001"]

PZ

One of the funniest mercs that carries the rocket launcher is in Sepoko.  90% of the time when I enter the area through the hole in the northern metal fence (the one by the sniper tower), he shoots and then hits something close enough to his own position to take himself out.  ^+-+

Ricamundo

In 12 or more playthru's, i dont think ive ever used the mortar for a mish, just doesnt generate any curiousity for me. ;) The AS50 does have a lot of stopping power, but it still feels big and awkward compared to the Dragonov for me anyways. :)

In stealth mode, i love the MP-5 as a short burst is even more effective for a quiet kill than the 6P9, since you dont have to get as close. A stealth loadout of MP5, dart, and for the inevitable encounters with vehicles, the M79, is one of my long time favourites.

Right now, im enjoying the rather potent USAS 12, with the extra ammo upgrades, as well as the Dart, and M79. Its a shame that the open world here doesnt really suit the close up corridor mayhem a shotty is best at, but i love the power this weapon has in crouch walking thru the shanty towns fighting mercs up close. 8)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

I remember some of my old screenies here.. going to re-use them :)

USAS12 in action..
[smg id=607 type=link align=center width=500]

..and the MP5.
[smg id=609 type=link align=center width=500]

Binnatics

^+-+ Poor guy posing for your action-pictures ;)

Art Blade

Each one of them only had to do it once.  :-()

Binnatics

It sure was a "one-day-fly"  ^+-+

Ricamundo

Plastique surgery anyone?  :-D
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Binnatics

Art Blade

"..followed by death" :-()

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳