Josip's blog

Started by PZ, May 21, 2011, 08:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Just started a new play through and chose Jossip as my character.  When I woke up in Pala, I tried to go to the western restricted area to steal the diamond in the garage, but it was not there.  Then I went south toward Mike's on the road circling Pala, but passed out due to malaria.

I woke up in the slaughterhouse, with Kankaras telling me what to do - in addition to the usual weapons, my special weapon was the flame thrower.

Kankaras told me he was working for Gakumba and the UFLL, so we'll see how it goes at Goka Falls  :-()

JRD

Jossip was my second character, my first (and still favorite) was Frank Bilders. I hate Paul so much I'm playing as him right now. Will try either Quarbani or Xian next time around for the same reason  ;D

Should finish my actual playthrough soon and, as PZ, will try to keep track of missions to see the aftermath  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

mandru

Fond memories, Josip was the character I used the first time played FC2 because he's the one I most resemble.   ;D

The diamonds don't appear until somewhere after you've made your first gun shop purchase/pick up from the armory,  reunited with your BB, talked to Reuben or met your 2nd BB at Mike's.  I've noticed that when I'm headed back into town to deliver Reuben's cassette tape to the priest is the first point in the game where the diamond cases start to register on the GPS tracker in the vehicles or on your hand map.

The trip into town to get the medicine from the priest is when when I take the time to pick up the diamond cases at the marina shack near the pier for the swamp boat and at the wrecked car on the road to Pala.  The diamond at the garage is also available at that time but I save it for after my chat with the priest and have my medicine in my pocket.

Probably because brazenly walking in and grabbing that diamond the way I like to almost always results in a mad dash to the AT I've parked nearby and a race to get back out of town.    >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

Jodip is still my one and only character. Didn't get the flamethrower though, I got a rocketlauncher. Don't remember where and when exactly. Next playthrough I'll try to survive the first assault where I got killed; right after meeting the yackal. Is that the same situation as in Mike's Bar where it's simply impossible to stay alive?
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

JRD

Quote from: Binnatics on May 21, 2011, 04:33:59 PM
Is that the same situation as in Mike's Bar where it's simply impossible to stay alive?

Yes. The path you take trying to escape Pala in the beginning of the game defines where you wake up (Lumber Camp, Fresh Fish, Cock Fights etc). Even if you can dodge the bullets and leave town you'll pass out right after eascaping to wake in one of those locations...  there's nothing you can do.  :-(
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

fragger

Josip was my first choice too the first time around, not so much because he resembled me (he doesn't) but because he seemed to be the closest in age to myself and thus I identified with him more readily. I guess it's only natural for one old fart to pick another old fart to hang out with :-()

Art Blade

Unless there are chicks to pick  :-D

[smg id=3343 type=link align=center width=500]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Hot chicks to pick.   :-))
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Depends on the game, if it allows facial surgery, hehe, I can make 'em look real good  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

^+-+

Hmm, lovely sleek curves, gorgeous body, the promise of excitement and passion. The girl's nice, too...

Art Blade

When I started reading your last post I had a feeling you were about to finish that sentence the way you did  ^+-+ :-X

PZ

... Didn't get the flamethrower though, I got a rocketlauncher. Don't remember where and when exactly.

The slaughterhouse is evidently the site for the flame thrower, so the rocket launcher is at one of the other areas - cock fight arena, lumber yard, or fishing village.

Next playthrough I'll try to survive the first assault where I got killed; right after meeting the yackal. Is that the same situation as in Mike's Bar where it's simply impossible to stay alive?

alas... JRD is correct - the story line is such that you will pass out from malaria sooner or later, and wake up in one of the four buddy areas.

Art Blade

In other words, when you start a new playthrough, don't be afraid. After you came to, grab the weapons which the Jackal leaves for you in the room, don't forget to pick up the SMG lying on the floor near your hotel room, and cheerfully jump out of the window or down into the lobby and wave kisses and hellos to the joyful merc audience in the streets.. you're a dead man, anyway.  :-()

Binnatics

Since that is so, I'll take as much Merc's with me as possible, just like a good suicide-terrorist WRAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

I think I woke up at fishing village. Remember that UFLL guy being pissed at me because I took some of his buddies down :P "So, you w@&k for me now" he said.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

deadman1

Quote from: fragger on May 21, 2011, 08:34:32 PM
^+-+

Hmm, lovely sleek curves, gorgeous body, the promise of excitement and passion. The girl's nice, too...

There´s a girl in that picture?  ???

Binnatics

Another game that tries to conquer Lara Croft or Sheva Alomar (RE5)! They're actually doing a nice job there!! :o

Art Blade

Quote from: deadman1 on May 22, 2011, 02:42:40 AMThere´s a girl in that picture?  ???

^+-+ ^+-+ ^+-+ Now that's spectacular, didn't think it possible to beat fragger's comment  :-() :-X

By the way, FC2 hasn't got female characters to play with, err.. to.. select.. aw, you know what I mean  :-() because the devs ran out of time, they would have had to make all the female hands and arms animations visible in FPS view again from scratch, such as reloading weapons, idle animations and all that. Really a pity. :-(

PZ

It might have been funny to play as Michele with Marty's arms and hands.  :-()

Art Blade

Or see Josip but hear Michele's voice coming from him, err, her.  :-()

PZ

:-()

OK, I'm going to keep this thread as a record of what happened when starting at the slaughterhouse playing as Josip.

When I left Kankaras to  clear the first safe house after repairing the Datsun, I drove right up the driveway running over the first merc, then found and ran over the second guy - no bullets to complete this part of the tutorial.

Next, Kankaras told me to go to the cock fight arena to check it out - as I was checking out the place from the bluff, he called again and told me to free a foreigner that was in a bricked-up building.  Crouching low and making my way along the east side of the area, I eventually went through the opening in the metal fence, then into the building and freed Paul Ferenc.

Leaving the building, through the hole, and along the west side of the area, I was lucky enough to escape notice and made my way back to my car without a shot being fired.

After several inconsequential steps, I ended up at Mike's bar and saw Paul, Warren (my second buddy) and Reuben.  It will be interesting to see if these people are the same every time you start at the slaughterhouse, or if they are random.

PZ

Just starting the game, I have a Makarov, PKM, and flamethrower, which I exchanged for the crossbow. I did purchase a homeland shotgun as part of the tutorial, but I really don't like that weapon.  In any case, my first steps are to do all the weapon dealer missions while collecting diamonds along the way.

My first mission was a convoy that patrolled near the eastern armory - took the bus to the southeast bus stop and hopped into the AT.  Checked the map, and a predecessor mission was available - cool - double duty.  Away I drove, toward the small post with the three mercs wandering the prairie.  Took out all three by running them over with the AT - perfect payback for all the times I've been a victim of hit and run.  >:D

Making my way toward the armory was uneventful, and I arrived just as they passed on another circuit.  Oh well, wait for them to return - used two vehicles to block the road.  A short while later, the first AT rushed at me - one bolt was all it took.  Now the road was a tangled mess of vehicles and the big truck couldn't pass, so moments later the mission was completed.

Because a golden AK was near, that was my next stop before returning to the armory, purchasing my favorite secondary, the 6P9.  >:D

Now I'm armed with a golden AK-47, silent Makarov, and crossbow.

PZ

Next weapon dealer mission: southwest bus stop area.  I drove back down to the southeast bus stop and stopped short of the guard post just north of it - wanted to practice my stealth technique.

I could hear the mercs talking as I crouched on the rock ledge above - there were two together, and one across the road.  I waited until the two separated and took out one of them with the 6P9 - no one noticed for a short while.  Funny moment - two mercs left, and the ATP slowly rambled by running over one of them in the road - the mercs in the truck pretended that nothing happened  ^+-+

Now only a single merc running about, not knowing my position, so I circled the area as he ran aimlessly.  We danced like that for a short while until he stood still for a moment too long.  A quick trigger pull ended our dance, and I continued to the southeast bus stop.

Took the bus to the southwest stop just in the nick of time to see the convoy approaching from the east - I was inside the building and simply fired a bolt through the door and took out the AT, then the big truck, then a couple of other ATs.  This was quite a firefight with the convoy, a roving ATP, and the three mercs from the nearby safe house.

Took the ATV to the southwest armory for a new mission, and to replenish my weaponry.

PZ

New weapon dealer mission - northwest area between the bus stop and a guard post to the east.  I quickly drove down the hill toward the convoy and managed to get set up seconds before the first AT rushed at me - took him out with a crossbow bolt, and almost myself as well.  ????

Next went the big truck, and it was a mad dash around trying to dodge two more ATs and several mercs running from the guard post.  The patrolling Datsun also decided to enter the festivities.

Close call, but I survived, and headed back to Mike's for another weapon dealer mission.

I'm still using the golden AK, the 6P9, and the crossbow.  I'm saving my coin for the next weapon I want - the Dragunov.  :-()

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on May 22, 2011, 09:26:35 AMIt will be interesting to see if these people are the same every time you start at the slaughterhouse, or if they are random.

Random.

Coincidentally, I too started my current playthrough at the slaughter house (didn't make it so, it just so happened). While I too freed Paul, Michele was my best buddy.

PZ

Good to know  :-X  Interestingly for me, more often than not Michele is the 6th buddy at the plane wreck.

Tags:
🡱 🡳