Assassin's Creed Revelations

Started by spaceboy, May 14, 2011, 02:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

Get ready!   Leaving Italy, Ezio visits Constantinople.  Also play as Altair and of course Desmond.

http://www.platformnation.com/2011/05/14/assassins-creed-revelations-details/
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

OMG, that's  fantastic!

I had no idea of this chapter in the Assassin's Creed series - thanks for posting, space  :-X

spaceboy

I didn't either until Ezio was on the cover of my gameinformer mag!  There is a huge writeup on it - you can get those mags at any gamestop.  Beautiful pics as well.

mmosu

I need to play catch up, haven't played AC2 yet!  :-[

Art Blade

some games are worth playing even after many years.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

More about AC:R

From computerandvideogames.com

- Ezio is looking for seals in Revelations. These seals hold the memories of Alair. They'll allow Ezio to peek into Altair's life (just as Desmond uses Animus to peek into his ancestors lives).
- You'll control Altair through these sequences.
- The bulk of the game is set in Constantinople which will be split into 4 huge districts (Constantin, Beyazid, Imperial and Galata)
- You'll also visit Cappadocia

- Ezio is over 50 years old in this game
- Ezio has a new item called the hookblade which allows him to use ziplines throughout the city. UBI says that it speeds up navigation by about 30%
- You can also use the hookblade to reach out and pull enemies in for a combo (Just Cause 2, anyone?)
- Ezio can now make bombs through a crafting system. UBI says that there are over 300 bomb types
- They've modified the control scheme so that circle/B will control the hookblade and triangle/Y will control project weapons and bombs
- Eagles vision has become eagle sense. "Eagle sense let's you focus on a character and see where he's been," Amancio says. "You'll get an approximation of where he will go. If you're able to detect the path a guard will take, you can run ahead, set a bomb, and create a trap or an ambush."
- They've expanded on the Borgia Towers concept in order to create a new system. Throughout the city there are Assassin's Den's, you'll need to complete various assault scenarios in order take down the Templar presence (UBI says that there's more variety than in the Borgia Towers). Once you obtain a den you'll be able to upgrade the buildings in that region along with adding ziplines across the rooftops. You'll also be able to change the guards from being hostile to neutral.
- You can lose control of you dens as you gain notoriety. You'll be able to send your own troops after the templars if you're unable to make it back to the specific den that's being attacked. You can do that by making it to any of the other dens that you currently control. You'll also be able to install a master assassin to control a specific den and you'll never have to worry about it being taken over.
- The assassin leveling mechanic has been increased from 10 to 15
- In order to make the world more immersive they've done away with traditional side missions in favor of random events. For example you may be traveling through a city and notice a shop owner being robbed or a little girl asking for help
- They're using a new type of capture facial technology called Mocam that GI describes as an "intriguing amalgamation of traditional animation, performance capture and the fascinating new style of performance on display in games like LA Noire."
- Desmond is placed back inside Animus where he finds a safe mode called the 'Black Room'. You'll be able to access Desmond's lost memories through that back door
- The gameplay during Desmond's game is described as narrative-fueled puzzle sequences. "Through the manipulation and creation of geometry with the game world, Desmond seeks to reintegrate the splintered layers of his subconscious."
- Multiplayer is returning but this time they're trying to give more focus to the narrative since that's a big part of AC

- You'll be able to custom your character appearance and weapons as well as create guilds.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

sounds awesome.  Thanks for the info JRD.

I've got a few problems with this game though...their called Uncharted 3, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Battlefield 3, and Batman Arkham City.   There are so many games all coming out around the same time I think I may put off Revelations (maybe).  One benefit would be coinciding better with the PC players here assuming the release is staggered like the others.

Art Blade

I loved AC1 because it was different and cool. AC2 improved some of the previously slightly flawed things so it was a welcomed sequel, but all in all I finished AC with that sequel. What came and comes afterwards doesn't really interest me any more.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

Art "Borgia" Blade.  lol

Just kidding.  I'm still very interested in the series and enjoyed Brotherhood a lot.  I'm more excited about a possible true AC3 with a new descendant and different time period all together...THAT would have me salivating.  Revelations seems to be a solid game with more beautiful scenery to climb around and "live in", but its a combination of too soon, not "different" enough, and too much else competing at its release for me to put this at the top of my list I'm excited for.

JRD

On the link I posted they said one of the producers clearly stated that AC:R is going to be Ezio`s last adventure, putting an end to a Renaissance trilogy.

I`m still half way through AC2 and still have AC:B to play but I think 3 times that would be enough for me.

In the speculative realm, I also read about  XVIII century France during the Revolution as a possible next location. It fits pretty well into the style Assassins Creed created  :-X

PZ

I'm really looking forward to this new one because I enjoyed the prior two so much (I never did get fully into AC1 though).  I particularly like almost all aspects of AC2 and AC:B other than the timed events - some of which I am actually improving on.

For me, it is simply extending an existing game play with more missions, and additional skill sets.  For instance, if Ubi came out with a DVD of nothing but new missions for FC2 and charged the price of a full game, I'd still purchase it.

mandru

I came across this for AC Revelations announced at E3.

Assassins Creed Revelations E3 2011 Trailer [HD]

Spoiler
I had to wipe the drool off my keyboard after watching that.   ???

I just confirmed UBI announced release date 11-15-2011 and the end of the vid above says it's going to be for Xbox and PS3, Hopefully the computer version will follow shortly thereafter.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Nice find, mandru  :-X

Ezio appears quite old, and that fits perfectly into the story line.  I must say that as far as story lines go, the Assassin's Creed Series is among the best for me.  :-X

mandru

I caught another interview from the E3 show on TV that was with one of the principal developers from UBI on this new AC episode.

As a heads up there are going to be some additions to Ezio's arsenal.

The Hook Blade is an additional attachment to the hidden blades that allow for some interesting combat moves with grapples and throws and also lets Ezio slide down taut sloping cables aka zip lining.

A thrown bomb with quite a kick.   >:D

An improved smoke bomb with possible longer duration but it is so dense that Ezio has to engage eagle vision to see his red glowing targets through it.

Umm... I was going to go into some of the nifty additional combat moves that I'd seen but realized that you can just watch the video above and see them for yourself.   :-[

Can you tell I'm excited about this and FC3?    ^-^
- mandru

Art Blade

I have to admit that this footage looks incredible and most impressive  ??? :-X

mandru

I think a lot of the footage (if not all) in that video is cut scenes or were recorded in a higher definition rate than players will have access to.  Having seen some footage of the actual game play the resolution was very similar to what we've experienced to date.  Ezio even balked at a control command or least a stutter occurred in his movement during one sequence.

I did hear that much of this new game will be in Constantinople.  Built on a mountain the layout is mostly sloped for lots of zip line action and is much larger and more complex (at street level and rooftop wise) than the entire city of Venice was.  The UBI developer said that people that have tested the available portions of the game seem to be unable to resist trying to get lost in the vast maze of streets and squirrel runs.   >:D  :-X 

In after thought, it seems that Constantinople is full of sympathetic assassins acting on their own initiative when things get hot.   8)
- mandru

PZ

I'm excited about the same two titles - more about FC3, but I also have really enjoyed the Assassin's Creed series.  :-X

Art Blade

this sequel is perhaps going to interest me again in AC :-()

mmosu

Man, that vid was wicked  >:D

The place he was at the end looked like Masayaf from the first game (except for the snow) - specifically the part where Altair and the other assassins faked jumping to their deaths in order to flank the force assaulting the castle and drop all of those big logs on them  :-()

I keep saying this but, I need to catch up.  One of these days all this talking I'm doing is going to finally find it's way into action!  8-X

Art Blade

PZ

JRD actually posted this image, but it is a good example of how advanced the textures are in the game.  The costumes are stunningly beautiful, even outside of the cut scenes.  These are the most difficult of foes (Janissaries) - they keep on fighting even when injured, and they use both blade and pistol.

I actually recognize the guy on the right - Tarik Barleti...

Spoiler
A target Ezio is sent to kill.  Sadly, Tarik actually has the same values as the assassin's, and Ezio kills an innocent friend.

[smg id=3985]

fragger

JRD

PZ got thea even before I could post the image. Indeed I wanted to show the details you see in this game. The clothes are of an amazing high texture details and colors!  :-X

I also capturing some images of AC2 in order to compare both games and will post more here latter on!

PZ

mandru

Hey!  I know those two Whoopie Girls in the background.   :o

They like to make eyes at me when I sit on a bench between them.   ;)

Also I noticed PZ's pirating of JRD's "I'll get back to these when I get a chance" picture.

When I saw it I was all like " :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:"
- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳