Hitman: Absolution

Started by mmosu, May 10, 2011, 01:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmosu

mmosu

JRD

We were discussing about how much Hitman deserved another sequence and a few month later... BANG!!!!  ;D

You can OhBoyOhBoy again, son......  :-X

Actually... OhBoyOhBoy

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

YESSSsss!!!

OhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoy

??? :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Looks great!  :-X

Can't wait to see game play graphics  ;)

JRD

I can only imagine what they can come up with today's graphics and computer power  8)

- Massive, dynamic crowd as in AC2 would be amazing in HA
- Locations as big and open as many of today's games
- Interaction with NPCs and multiple choices to branch game paths

OhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoy

Make room in the game boards .....  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

PZ

It looks like this one will generate quite a bit of excitement - will need to think about creating a set of boards soon  ;)

JRD

HM:BM is an incredible game where you are pretty much free to accomplish your missions in as many ways as you can think of, huge replay value there. However, due to computing capabilities at time of release (2006), the game was quite restricted to small areas... usually a house, building or a small neighborhood...  a close world with open play so to speak  ;)

Considering how far open world games went in the last five years, I assume (hope? pray?) they`ll come up with great areas to play at and interact with!  8) :-X

Art Blade

I think I played through HM:BM more often than FC2  :)

Man, I do hope the sequel will be at least as good as the last one.  :-X

Anything better and I might just pass out  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Well they're promising a new game engine and some very positive changes to the series, and since this is IO interactive's flagship series I have every reason to believe that they will deliver!

How cool is the rattlesnake coiled around the Silverballer?!!  >:D

Art Blade

Indeed, if their game engine can handle that (snake looks real) and the actual movements and animations are as smooth and natural.. whoa. :) I just heard that the game is being built from scratch (probably due to their new game engine) by the original devs. Again, whoa  ;D

JRD

Once they create a new engine, several games are released on that... if HitMan has good sells, new installment will come for sure

Well, well ,well... look at me... dreaming about more HM games after one that doesn`t even has a release date  ::)

Art Blade

Why not.. :)

It was probably one of the first (near) open world games which had (always loved it) a toggle between TPS and FPS view, different ways of accomplishing a mission and a weapon choice and upgrade system. The very first HM was crude, by comparison, the second was way better and the foundation of my love for the game, and BM was the best so far. So they kept getting better and improving their stuff, always dark humour involved, funny Easter eggs, cool weapons, and.. I should stop here  ^+-+

mmosu

I'm wondering, what engine was Kane & Lynch built on?  Supposedly it was Glacier 1, anybody know otherwise? I had always kind of wondered if the purpose of Kane & Lynch had partially been a chance for Io to run out their next-gen stuff and start smoothing out the kinks before starting on the next Hitman installment.  Any thoughts?

Art Blade

If the info is accurate and IO really is using a brand-new engine, then there is only one explanation for it: K&L's engine isn't good (enough) any more  :)

mmosu

The physics in K&L 1, especially the rag-doll, always reminded me of what you would see in HM:BM & HM:Contracts.  Maybe those games were that last hurrah for the (at that time) current engine - out with the old and in with the new, as they say  8)

I'm sure there will be more news once all the E3 press releases are out.

mmosu

Quote from: mmosu on May 12, 2011, 04:50:27 PM
I'm sure there will be more news once all the E3 press releases are out.

Ask and ye shall receive:
Hitman: Absolution - E3 2011 Cinematic Trailer [720p HD]

Art Blade

Wow. ??? ??? ??? :-X :-X :-X :) :) :)

PZ

Very impressive - cut scene or game play?

Art Blade

if it wasn't a cut scene then we're all in for a new rig in order to play it.  :-()

mmosu

Wow indeed!  I would guess cutscene at this point, they're holding the cards pretty close to their chest so far as actual game footage is concerned - the live gameplay demo at E3 wasn't open to the public. But, if the trailer is any indication, the CQC is going to be at an extreme level in this one!  :-X

I don't know if anyone else picked up on it - but the woman in the shower was Diana!  The Hitman world is about to be turned upside down   >:D

Art Blade

If that is Diana, you may call me Dodi Fayed.  :-D

JRD

Found some gameplay here

http://www.eurogamer.pt/videos/hitman-absolution-gameplay-e3-2011

There are even some Ezio's moves for agent 47  >:D

Art Blade

They're both assassins  :)

PZ

I'm looking forward to this one as well - tried Blood Money, but just couldn't get into the game because of the old-style graphics.  The visual appeal is still 90% of a game for me.  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳