Headphone & microphone recommendations

Started by RedRaven, April 26, 2011, 03:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

Looking for advice on a decent quality, low cost headset with built in mic for my son to use with his PC.

Nothing too fancy and definitely nothing made by Konig as the one he just purchased was total rubbish on day 2 of being used, the mic would not w@&k no matter what we did!

I know Logitech are a decent brand and have looked at a few of their products but before he spends anymore of his, erm my hard earned credits thought would ask here and see what you got to say about it all.

Cheers y'all.

(p.s.  If you know of any that w@&k with PC and PS3 that would be even better)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

deadman1

I would recommend a Sennheiser headset, I use their HD555 headphones (no mic) and the soundquality is great. Don´t know how they stack up pricewise in your neck of the woods but you´ll be buying quality.

RedRaven

They look nice, probably a bit much for my kid (£70-£100 depending on shop) but look ideal for Audio / Visual projects of mine.
Cheers deadman.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

deadman1

Quote from: RedRaven on April 26, 2011, 05:31:01 AM
They look nice, probably a bit much for my kid (£70-£100 depending on shop) but look ideal for Audio / Visual projects of mine.
Cheers deadman.

Jeez louise I had no idea they were that pricey  ???. Other brands you might look into are Steelseries, Koss or Creative. I don´t thik you´ll be able to get under the 30£-50£ mark if you want something that has reasonable quality.

My headphones are great for listening to music in, with a really nice base that is not to overpowering, So for your audioproject you can´t go wrong with them.

RedRaven

High cost is partially down to extortionate UK tax rises, caused in some way by greedy politicians spending the people's money on 2nd and 3rd homes. Almost makes me wish the monarchy were in control!

Thats what I reckon ;)

Art Blade

Appart from my Sennheisers, I have a cheap yet good headset from, sorry to say, Microsoft. "LifeChat LX-3000" comes with cable and USB plug. I actually use that one more than the Sennheiser.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

After having many problems with different headphones, I desided to read recommendations by nl gamers first. They adviced the "Creative Sound Blaster Arena Surround USB Gaming Headset".
I am very satisfied with it. It has excellent sound, the surround is actually working. Even with higher volumes the sound is marvellous. Good bass sound as well. The good thing about this headset is: It won't break that quick. With other headsets the biggest problem was the wire. It allways broke due to suddenly standing up forgetting that you have the damn thing on your head, or just because of another unexplainable reason. And allways at the most difficult places to fix.
Now this Creative headset has a thick wire, can't imagine it would break. The construction of the part that fits on your head is quality as well. It's most plastic, some metal, but all strong. It has an excellent mic attached to it, which you can bend away.
It has an USB plug only, so I'm affraid you won't be able to use it with PS3.

I bought it for 54 euros, which should be about 48 pounds. Funny thing is that the price has raised, and it's now 65 euros in the same store.
Anyway, I think that it's better to spend a little more to something that lasts. Too many times I bought a headphone for lik 30 or 40 euros and it broke within the first year.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

RedRaven

After a bit more searching on net and looking at your recommendations my son has opted to try the Microsoft Lifechat set Art suggested, he can get them for between £10-£15 online which is within the budget he set himself.

He asked me to pass on his thanks you all for helping him out, says its good that people here are so helpful. :)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳