Game rating: Lego Star Wars 3 The Clone Wars

Started by RedRaven, April 25, 2011, 11:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

Game title
Lego Star Wars 3 The Clone Wars

Category            Rating            Comments
Story line8If you like the Star Wars franchise then you will find the game to be a hilarious take on it. The story line simply follows the cartoons with much added mirth.
Graphics9To say its based on Lego the graphics and animation are amazing. The split screen on multi-player takes a little getting used to but is well done, merging back to a single screen when your close enough to your companion.
Sound6Pretty standard Star Wars sounds, nothing new or outstanding.
The best thing is the complete lack of talking, instead you get the occasional grunt or huh from your character in the cut scene's which just adds to the comedic value
Game play7As its following an existing story there are no real surprises to be had, gets a little fast and furious at times. As with the previous Lego titles its they co-op play that makes it a good game for plenty of family friendly play.
Replay value9If you wish there are many, many hidden things to uncover and collect from gold bricks, characters and the like making it very difficult to get 100% complete on any level first time through. So excellent replay value.

Final thoughts
Lego continues to prove it is far from out of date as a simple physical toy with another great game.

Playing the game is almost like your childhood imagination has come back to life, and it makes me want to get more Lego too.

One of the best family friendly games there is that I've played.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

spaceboy

nice.  I read this was the best Lego yet.  My son has enjoyed most of them (SW, Indiana Jones, Batman, Harry Potter) We may pick this up at some point.  I actually dislike the split screen the way they do it.

I'd prefer just true split screen or make the players stay together like the originals.  I just like a standard view that doesn't change.  Sometimes the angled part moves and covers up something you want to see, or your pretty close and it's still split leaving a weird view of the world with a slice missing out of it.  I just find it disorienting.  It's probably the biggest issue I have with getting this title since the reviews are very good.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

thanks for the review and rating, Red :)

I like it to have family-friendly games around here, like Lego, Bulletstorm, STALKER.. good for kids, good for us  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

I think Stalker has made me jump more than my son! I think a sneaky prank is in order.....
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

^+-+ STALKER was probably the only game that made me really jump
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Did you guys ever play Doom 3? That game made me jump more timed than I care to remember  :-[. Imaging opening a door and having your entire screen filled a screaming monsters face  :o

Art Blade

I have some strange and funny memories around Doom3. At that time I was spending my holiday visiting friends in different countries and while I was visiting a friend in Spain, I didn't have my own PC around for obvious reasons, he had organised a LAN party with friends and a spare PC for me so we could play some MP games together. On his rig we watched him play a little Doom3 and all of us agreed that the game wasn't as cool as expected and that was that. I reckon if I had been on my own in a dark room and someone had installed that game on my rig I might have given it a go but I actually never did.

Tags:
🡱 🡳