Can you turn down the mission you're offered to kill after you speak with Reuben?

Started by Diwas Amatya, March 23, 2011, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diwas Amatya

To be more specific it's the part when Reuben asks for your help and then later you have to rescue him at the airfield. Anyways what I want to know is if you can turn down the mission that APR lieutenant sitting in the bar offers you? You see I haven't done any of the side/buddy missions, I kinda want to just fck around a bit, but the story is scripted to this point, you can' t do side missions. So can you or not turn the mission so you can free roam or does the story continue without halt from this point on. Any help would be appreciated.

PZ

Interesting question - although I'm not positive, I believe you can leave the hangar and go do whatever you want such as assassination missions or just general mayhem.  However, I think you can take the mission and still go out and do whatever until you get around to doing the mission, with the possible exception of the assassination missions.  It might not be a bad idea to do a save before meeting with Reuben, and experimenting a bit.  You can always go back to the original save.

Someone who has tried this correct me if I'm wrong.

By the way, welcome to OWG, nepdyse  :-X

Diwas Amatya

I was stupid enough to keep only 1 save to this point, so I've stopped playing until I know for sure. What I do know is that you can't do side missions once you've already accepted a mission. I have yet to enter the bar, I watched a couple of walkthrough's on YouTube but I couldn't tell from those. Once again if anybody knows without a doubt if you can turn down the mission the dude in the bar offers you temporarily so you can do side missions it'd be great. Thanks for having me on here PZ, u guy are awesome on here.

mandru

If you step into the bar you can not refuse the mission offered! "Not an option man." is the warning the guard at the door offers when you try to walk out without accepting the lieutenant's offer.

The Buddy missions are gone at this point but you can always avoid entering the bar to receive the awaiting mission by the lieutenant inside and go around create any type of havoc within the game you like.  I'm not sure if Predecessor or Cell Tower missions are still active after you've been sent to the prison but the Buddies are out of it at this point.

I hope that helps.  Oh and welcome to OWG.  :)

*** The following was typed up before this last post by nepdyse ***

You can delay however long you like going out to complete that mission you get at the bar to knock off the higher level officer and the other lieutenant it will wait as long as you want.

Once you've accepted the 6th faction mission in the second half of the game (it's always either blow up the pipeline or kill the arms dealer Yabek on his barge depending on which faction you go to last) any uncompleted Buddy Missions are locked out and there's no getting back to them.  In this case as I've never tried it I don't know if the cell tower missions are still available or not after you've accepted that 6th faction mission in the 2nd half of the game.

You might like to know that sometimes the target you are sent out to hit by the lieutenant at the bar will make a counter offer to pull off a double cross in which case you go back into Selao and whack the lieutenant that sent you out in the first place.   >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Diwas Amatya

Well if you can't turn it down can you leave the bar after speaking with Reuben and not talking to the guy altogether, keep in mind there is no one inside or out the door to stop you.So maybe you can come back and take it later...arghhh this is frustrating. I NEED TO KNOW.

mandru

I play on a PC so if you're on a console it may be different but I don't think it's that different.

If Reuben has called you and said meet me at the bar and be warned one of your friends is here waiting for you then if you step into the bar the lieutenant is sitting right inside the door at the first table.  There's no avoiding him and he has a body guard with him to block the door if you try to refuse the hit on his superior.

You can check this by using a save right before entering so that you can return to it if you need to and then step in and see how it goes.  If you get locked into something you don't want you can drop back to the save point to escape it.

Good luck.   :-X
- mandru

Diwas Amatya

I could swear I didn't see anyone but Reuben and Walton Purefoy inside that bar. Dammit I screwed up, we console owners don't have the luxury of quick save, still no reason to have only 1 save game slot. I haven't done a single side mission but the underground ones in this game and I was finally looking forward to it cuz I had taken care of the malaria. Anyways thanks for your time guys.

PZ

I play on the PC and the PS3, and I feel your pain.  When I plan something risky on the console, I go to the nearest safe house and save, then if I mess something up, I can always revert back to that last save point.  I know this might not help in your current play through, but keep it in mind for the future.  For instance, I like trying to make the Goka Falls bridge collapse, so I'll save at the nearest safe house to the mission location, and then experiment at will.  Then if it goes haywire, all I need do is load that save and I'm golden.

mandru

*** I see that PZ Guy managed to jump in before me.   :-D***

Happy to help out we love questions.   ;D

The goon at the door hugs it pretty close so it's possible you won't see him until you try to turn and leave.

The closest place for you to make a save if you need it is either at the safe house just the other side of the bus station there by the marina or if you've unlocked it and got malaria meds at the underground location a bit further down the road to Selao there's a cot inside that you can use for a nap and set a save point.

Again good luck
- mandru

Diwas Amatya

This game is definitely worth multiple play through's, hell it's one of my top 3 FPS's. And did you say you can "make the Goka Falls bridge collapse.", now that is something I must do. Thanks again guys.

mandru

;D  :-X

We may not usually get to an answer this quickly.  You picked a good night when a couple of us were up late but we do try to respond as quickly as possible.

Yeah, FC2s a good one.  I'm probably 85+ or so runs through it.  ;)
- mandru

PZ

Oh yeah, you simply must make the bridge collapse - there are a couple of threads that give instructions.  The problem doing this on the console is, as you mentioned, there are no quick saves, so we console users need to save at the nearest safe house to try again if we fail.  There is great satisfaction in making the bridge collapse, and I doubt that the percentage of people playing FC2 that have found this feature is high.

Have fun with FC2 - it is still one of my favorites, and to this day, I return to the game.  Also, don't worry about posting something that has been asked or posted before - many of us are old guys that like the reminder of the "good 'ol days" in FC2  ;)

Art Blade

Hello and welcome to OWG, nepdyse :)

I'm not sure if you can make a copy of your save game using a USB stick or transfer it to a PC but I recall some console gamers did that when playing other games. Like that you might be able to create various saves "outside the box"  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳