Da Vinci Disappearance walkthrough videos

Started by PZ, March 17, 2011, 09:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Wow, an impressive series of videos PZ.  Thanks for posting those as they give a pretty good feeling of the intensity of the game.   :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

My pleasure mandru - AC:B is a good choice for anyone that liked AC2 - the story line continues from where AC2 left off, and ends in a way that lets you know there will be a sequel to AC:B.  The nice thing is that the game play gets better each time.

mandru

The game really does look good but I've got to take the possible frustration factor into consideration.  ACB may be tougher than I am.  :'(

From these ACB vids and others on other threads that you've posted PZ I'm finding approaching the game pretty daunting as I've researched it.  There's a lot of extra move combos that are added to the existing arsenal I've learned but there are definite sequences in ACB that far exceed the intensity levels of AC2 which pretty much pushed me to near limits of my dexterity and ability to respond at times.

Then there's something in ACB I've seen elsewhere that showed an event called a one hit kill spree (or something like that) where the objective was to be buried under a never ending swarm of what looked like brutes that was pretty overwhelming.  The kill spree may have been related to accomplishment goals for PS3 recognitions and not needed for the PC version or part of actual game play but so far the sum total of my impression is that I might be more inclined to enjoy ACB's storyline  through video clips than sweating through the mechanics of the game.

Maybe once the price drops a lot I might be more willing to risk it.  Especially if the game disc is loaded up with all the additional released content.   >:D
- mandru

Art Blade

I really enjoyed AC1 and that made me want to play AC2 (adding to my desire were those PS3 player reports who got their greedy mitts on it WAY sooner than PC players). For some reason I never felt that desire for AC3 maybe because rumors had it that it was going to focus on MP. I've got no intentions to buy it, the story doesn't interest me any more. Perhaps because AC2 was kind of a finale for me already and then they came up with more and announcing even more AC games.. nah.. I'm not yet ready for it :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Although MP might be a focus, I'd never have thought AC:B was anything other than SP, it is so good.  You guys should consider it when the price drops, but I think that overall you'll probably like it.

mandru, yes there are new features that are actually fun to master rather than being frustrating, and believe me, I know frustration from those races in AC2

• There is a practice arena that you can enter to develop new skills
  • The kill streak - quite satisfying actually, when a group of thugs attack and you have killed the first one, you use the stick to point to another and hit the strike button, and Ezio will automatically deliver an instant kill.
  • There are some areas that are completely overrun by bad guys, and in one of them, your task to achieve 100% synchronization is to keep from receiving any damage - the problem is that wave after wave of bad guys (a dozen at a time) keep coming.  Because there had to be a way, I finally found a simple solution - use the arrow storm!  This is where you can lock onto a single guard, and press the arrow storm button and your assassins will unleash lots of arrows, killing instantly.
  • When you're in a jam, and lots of guards are chasing, you can call your assassins who drop from out of nowhere within seconds, and are very skilled at dispatching your foes.
  • One of the things I really like is this - you remember in AC2 where you had to go through the secret locations, some of them timed?  ... and if you failed to complete on time you had to start over?  Not so in AC:B - while there are timed hidden areas like in AC2, and you  achieve full synchronization if you complete on time, if you fail to do so, you can still complete the sequence and achieve 50%
All in all, the new fighting techniques, weapons, buddy assassins, etc. make playing this game even easier than AC2 was for me.  I have all 3 games, and I thought that ACB: is better over AC2 like AC2 was over AC1.

Art Blade

Thanks for pointing out those features and sharing your thoughts. I might get it eventually but right now I have not the right mindset for that type of game. Currently I play a futuristic cooperative MP game which requires you to "share" enemies (two players participate in killing one enemy) and a completely different thing, I drive around in racing cars. More or less silent assessinations in a medieval surrounding and fiddling around with sharp objects is not really a good match for me right now :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I know what you mean - I'm in FC2 right now, and do not have intention to return to AC:B any time soon.  I sure would love to be able to enter MP, but I'm afraid that my satellite provider has excluded game servers from access because I simply cannot log in.

Art Blade

makes sense. Gaming online these days may produce a vast amount of streaming data, I have seen my network stats ranging from something around 100 to like 300 megs a day -- too much for a device that barely handles downloading web site content.

PZ

One of these days I hope to have decent Internet service at my place.

Art Blade

PZ

Too much trouble, and not nearly enough time  :wink

I've been trying to get our power company to serve Internet via the power lines, but so far no luck - "costs too much" they said.  :knockout

Art Blade

Let's call our seniors and beat some sense into them.

Not into the seniors but into the guys from that power company.

PZ

^+-+ I see that you're having fun with the double meanings - the "tongue in cheek" humor!

Art Blade

Mandru is responsible for that. Not for the humour, but for the fun with it. The fun with double meanings, I mean. Rhymes with bean.  :-D

PZ

^+-+

I'm going to laugh every time I think of the "beans" post!  :wink

Art Blade

We'll have to be careful when addressing mandru, we might slip "Mr Bean"  ^+-+

PZ

^+-+

I like that name!  You know, one of the potential shop items is the ability to change people's titles.  >:D

Art Blade

^+-+ We should enable that. Hahaha!

By the way, the random money payed off.. I'm now richer than you  :-()

PZ

^+-+

I noticed that, and I already did  >:D

Art Blade

mandru

Hmm...  I'm thinking it's probably a pretty safe bet to guess that there's not  a potential shop item to block having your title changed.   ????
- mandru

Art Blade

mandru

Well the plus side to that is that it's still only a potential.   ::)
- mandru

PZ

Depends on how many rogues we have in this gallery  >:D

Tags:
šŸ”± šŸ”³