Stealing the Prince's ride

Started by mandru, February 28, 2011, 08:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

I was doing the King's Gold mission and all had gone smoothly.  I'd visited Marty at the safe house he routed me out to kill the King at the fortress and I was headed back to deliver the ring to his barnacle of a son when it dawned on me that there was a gold plated jeep sitting out front of the exchange point with the keys in the ignition.

Not feeling particularly inclined to rush through the completion of the mission I decided to try something different.  Instead of stepping inside for the family reunion (a son with his dad's money) I hopped into the jeep and shot off down the hill and started a rampage of driving over every merc that was unfortunate enough to catch my attention.

Half a map away that battered jeep finally gave it's all with a cluster of IEDs attached to it in the senseless brute force destruction of a small thoroughly terrified GP.  With most of the thrill of being spiteful to a virtual character out of my system I figured it was time to get back on task and set off to get back to the awaiting prince.

The thought "I wonder how much I could get for this ring on E-Bay?" crossed my mind as I sought out the nearest non-smoldering transportation.

My underlying suspicion that had set me off on this divergence was confirmed when I reached the safe house.  There was an identical gold plated jeep respawned where I'd grabbed the first one.

This leads me to assume that as long as you don't give the ring to the son or complete the King's Gold mission you can have access to as many of the prince's jeeps with their moderate extra protection from damage as you could ever want for collecting diamonds, unlocking GPs or any other non-mission mayhem.

That said, as alluring as the prospect of a spiffy go buggy is, I think I prefer even the lowest level AT over the prince's jeep for actual functionality, ease of use and the mounted gun that I'm not having to haul ammo for.

Not to mention I won't miss that annoying high pitched sewing machine like hum of the jeep's overly emission controlled 4 cylinder engine.  8-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

mmosu

Plus it's hard to rig up a machine gun mount for the roof with all of that rediculous bling in the way  :-D

Art Blade

you could have it gold plated before nailing it to the roof.. :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

. . . with diamond studs inlayed into the rivet holes  :-D

Heck, lets throw some 20 inch wheels and a sound system on that thing while we're at it and go bust GP's in style  8)

Art Blade

Yeah and put the prince in chains, tie him to his rig and drag him with us all the way!

Last time I did that all that was left were the feet which I chucked some place and then went to enjoy a chilled beverage in town.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

Quote from: mmosu on February 28, 2011, 03:55:48 PM
. . . with diamond studs inlayed into the rivet holes  :-D

Heck, lets throw some 20 inch wheels and a sound system on that thing while we're at it and go bust GP's in style  8)
Imagine bearing down on them with Ride of the Valkyrie blaring out... :) that'd be fun - or the finale to 1812
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Quote from: Jim di Griz on June 19, 2012, 10:59:37 AM
Imagine bearing down on them with Ride of the Valkyrie blaring out...

I love that music  :-X

Art Blade

always reminds me of Apocalypse Now.

Jim di Griz

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Tags:
🡱 🡳