Having problems at the fort?

Started by nexor, February 07, 2011, 03:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexor

I found an easy way to deal with most of the mercs at the fort, halfway up the road towards the fort I stop to snipe the two mercs on the roof of the fort, then the two mercs at the foot of the mountain, otherwise they sneak up from behind. When at the top I stop short of the arch then get up on the turret and start shooting, most of the time there are at least two mercs above the arch and once I've dealt with them I fire of some rounds through the archway then wait for them to come to me, there is only one way to get to me and thats through the arch  >:D    when it gets quiet I fire off some more rounds and wait, eventualy most of the mercs lie in a heap in the archway from there it's easy sailing to finish the mission   :-D   

Art Blade

Sounds good :)  :-X

There is a back entrance to the fort, left hand side of the valley and arch. After taking down the two snipers (a must-do) indeed taking out the guards in the valley is recommendable. Then there is a guard hanging out and walking up and down that narrow path to the left leading up to the fort. Once you've killed him you can take down one by one who comes investigating.. takes a bit longer and usually there are still a few mercs scattered across the castle, but it does leave a big dent in their ranks  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

My favorite way is up the foot path to the east of the fort - however, in all the times I've been there, I only saw a merc on the path one time. 

Like you guys, I take out the tower snipers.

I find my way to the back door, do away with the merc or two patrolling outside, and then show myself in the doorway to get the mercs inside all riled up - they gather at the door and a single grenade is all she wrote.  :-()

nexor

I've been meaning to approach the fort from that side, love it when these mercs come to investigate one at a time   :)

Art Blade

indeed, and they can't decide whom to send out to take a look, you hear them curse and panic behind the walls and out comes one single merc who'll have the honour of taking a bullet to the chest.  :-D

By the way, the merc walking up and down that path, maybe a matter of how long you're sneaking around and hanging out there.. I was busy with whatever and got surprised by that lone guy a couple of times.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on February 07, 2011, 02:48:16 PM
... taking a bullet to the chest...
You mean about 50 bullets to the chest?  It takes a lot of 'em to take down a merc  ^+-+

Quote from: Art Blade on February 07, 2011, 02:48:16 PM
By the way, the merc walking up and down that path, maybe a matter of how long you're sneaking around and hanging out there.. I was busy with whatever and got surprised by that lone guy a couple of times.
Could be - I usually rush in once the snipers are gone.

Art Blade

I spend quite some time there, not wanting to rush things   ^+-+

PZ

This topic made me nostalgic for Leboa, in particular, the fort, so I planned a vacation from my activities in Bowa.  >:D

On the foot path toward the fort from the east - the bus makes a good landmark
[smg id=2930 width=600]

That tree makes a great hiding spot from which to snipe the tower mercs
[smg id=2931 width=600]

First the sniper on the eastern tower
[smg id=2932 width=600]

Then the guy on the western tower
[smg id=2933 width=600]

Now, lets head up the dirt path to the fort
[smg id=2934 width=600]
[smg id=2935 width=600]

After taking out two mercs patrolling outside the fort, here we are, by the back door  >:D
[smg id=2936 width=600]

A grenade takes out a few bad guys
[smg id=2937 width=600]

Head shots are always welcome...
[smg id=2938 width=600]

... as are fires
[smg id=2939 width=600]

Here's the dead eastern tower sniper...
[smg id=2940 width=600]

...and the view toward the tree from which he met his end.
[smg id=2941 width=600]

Flammable barrels make great fire starters...
[smg id=2942 width=600]
[smg id=2943 width=600]

...and ammo piles send hundreds of bits of sharp metal
[smg id=2944 width=600]

nexor

Nice pics PZ  :-X that's the way to go next time i'm near the fort

PZ

Thanks nexor - it's loads of fun, and you can sometimes do it quite stealthy.  I've been lucky enough to steal a Predecessor tape without being seen at all.  ;)

Art Blade

Nice, PZ :)

For some reason, I almost always kill the snipers from the other junction down the road, near those rocks. I'm then close to the nearby GP and they usually send their mercs to find out what I'm doing, and they're dead serious about it  :-D

nexor

Art, you must be talking about the one between the bus stop and the safehouse, persistant little bugger, you hardly stick your nose out the door at the bus stop when he tries to shoot it off, he annoyes me so much  >:(( as a matter of course I burn this post down everytime I'm in the area..... from the bus stop I sneak over the hill towards the Oasis keeping under cover untill I can cross the road just north of where the diamond briefcase is located, then I move  towards his position hugging the mountain, near the rocks where you have to climb up to retreave the briefcase I find a nice spot to take him out after the patrol jeep has gone, then I move towards his position to some rocks that will protect me from the jeep getting to me, from there I can demolish the entire guard post  ;D

Art Blade

I think you're referring to the safehouse which will be up next when you drive past the fort (to be seen on your right, then) and pass the path where PZ and I like to sneak in from the back. I was referring to the guard post just the other direction when you drive down the road (fort to the left hand side). If you drive into that direction, you'll find a GP that blocks the entire street and has a yellow gas tank (which I love to ignite) leaning on some crate of sorts in the middle of the street. Now those buggers always come after me when I am hanging out at the junction leading up to the fort towards the arch.  :)

nexor

Ok, that one I like to get close to them, I go due north from the fort to the diamond briefcase spot, then go east untill inline with the post, then go directly towards the post, near the post is a rock overlooking the post, just keep an eye to the right, one of the mercs always come around to that side.

PZ

I love those GPs where you find lots of flammables  :-X

3 rounds from the 6P9 or a short burst from the MP5 will ignite the small propane tanks that are found nearly everywhere - the mercs have no idea what's going on, particularly if you keep moving.  Using that technique, I have loads of fun at the GP north of Weelegol because there are lots of propane tanks, and plenty of dry grass  >:D

Tags:
🡱 🡳