Weapon dealer mission: northwest BowaSeko

Started by PZ, January 31, 2011, 10:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

The dealer has another job for me - this time in northern Bowa Seko, in a desert area with lots of dry grass.
[smg id=2892 width=200]

I remember this area well - it is close to a safe house, and north of the outpost where I plan to ambush this convoy
[smg id=2893 width=400]

First I need to steal a grenade launching assault truck - I know one patrols the area between the northeast armory and the northeast bus stop.  My plan - wait between the buildings at the armory - then snipe the gunner, after which the driver will be easy pickin's - there they come...
[smg id=2894 width=600]

A single burst from the AR16 takes out the gunner, and the driver doesn't really know what to do so he just parks his rig in front of the armory.
[smg id=2895 width=400]
[smg id=2896 width=600]

You can see him through his windshield - a single 3-round burst and he has joined his friend.
[smg id=2897 width=400]

The drive west through the canyon is beautiful
[smg id=2898 width=700]

I'm waiting for the convoy to come up the road...
[smg id=2899 width=700]

There they are - mount the grenade launcher and the first vehicle is toast
[smg id=2900 width=700]
[smg id=2901 width=700]

Then the big truck target meets his maker...
[smg id=2902 width=700]

... I spin 180, and a roving ATP behind me meet their maker...
[smg id=2903 width=700]

...then another 180 and another truck that evidently came from the outpost is vaporized.
[smg id=2904 width=700]

mandru

:-X

From your screen shot:

Quote from: PZ on January 31, 2011, 10:03:45 PM

I'm waiting for the convoy to come up the road...
[smg id=2899 width=700]

I noticed you'd taken the time to clear out that safe house behind you or you probably would have added another AT to the pile up from those pesky souvenir seekers that hang out there.   :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

I actually had taken out the safe house mercs from a previous passage through the area, so I wasn't worried about them.  However, there is a patrol that comes in from the north, and they did come up behind me as I was engaging the convoy - it sure was a lucky break that no flying vehicles, nor crashes into me occurred - it was a perfect mission.  :-()

Art Blade

Nice mission, well executed  :)

What I do like and have to mention again is you making use of various image sizes. After nearly two years here at OWG I no longer have to worry about developing eye cancer due to minimised pictures nor do I have to click all those stamp-sized thumbnails to turn them into something halfway recognisable  :-() :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks for the comments - it's a bit more bother to add the width parameter in the graphics links, but it does make it look better, and easier to follow while reading the text.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on February 01, 2011, 11:06:29 AMit's a bit more bother to add the width parameter in the graphics links

just create a .txt file on your desktop (or, drag it onto your task bar for easy and instant access and away from your desktop) and write down a template. Every time you upload a pic, just copy and paste from that template and you'll have what you want with just a few clicks :)

Examples:

[smg id=2910] ^ normal image code

type=link align=center width=400]
type=link align=center width=400 caption=""]

all you'd do is replace the right squared bracket by pasting one of the lines given above.

[ smg id=2910 ] <- replace
[ smg id=2910 type=link align=center width=400 ] <-paste

and get

[smg id=2910 type=link align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

That's what I do :) Plus adding a template for a description with a link to the respective post so a guest in the gallery will be able to read all about the screenshot :)

ninzza

I like the big screenshots like these.  :-X

fragger

Nice job there, PZ :-X

That safehouse... I once went to unlock it, coming up on it from the east along that road from the armory. I parked at the base of the rise just south of the safehouse and filled my hand with an SP9, intending to sneak up on the safehouse guards and put them to sleep. I'd just started making my way up the slope when I heard the zip of a round going past, then a moment later the dull thunk of another round impacting something nearby. Then another zip and it was obvious someone was sniping at me. Who?! I thought. It turned out to be the sniper in the riverside tower at the Outpost, quite a way down the road. Since I hadn't brought along a long-distance weapon of my own, he made life difficult for me until I could liberate the safehouse and get a Dragunov out of the crate. Then the sniper answered for his temerity.

Before then, I'd never realised that sniper could get a bead on you from way over there.

Art Blade

Snipers can be pretty annoying in FC2. They're so far away at times I have no clue where exactly they're hiding yet they keep sending rounds over to my position. The last one who did that to me was probably still in Leboa.  :-D

PZ

Snipers do seem to have the best intuition of any of the FC2 mercs  ^+-+

Art Blade

:)

For them, just for them, I wish I was allowed to kill them by slapping them to death with a large trout. :-D

(A gazelle would be OK, too, if I couldn't find a trout  :-() )

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on February 01, 2011, 10:51:47 PM
:)

For them, just for them, I wish I was allowed to kill them by slapping them to death with a large trout. :-D

(A gazelle would be OK, too, if I couldn't find a trout  :-() )

A gazelle would be better, they have sharp horns  >:D

Art Blade

you're so evil :-() A trout is good because it takes longer  >:D

deadman1

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳