FC2 and the latest Nvidia drivers

Started by deadman1, January 30, 2011, 12:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

I´m using the latest Nvidia drivers (266.35) and all of a sudden my game has started to shutdown all on it´s own. The strange thing is that I can play for a while and then CTD. I doubt it´s a heatproblem as I can play BFBC2 for hours without any trouble at all. So all you nvidia user out there in OWG land am I the only with this issue?

Art Blade

I am using my old XP windows partition with FC2 and my driver is 181.22, rock solid.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Vista-64, 260.99, GTX295, and no problems with everything completely maxed.  The only thing I have turned off is V-synch in the FC2 options menu.  The fans in the PC are not even running as can happen when I'm taxing the machine.

deadman1

Weil I think I figured it out, I had the antialiasing turned up to 8X and I remembered that that setting might cause problems in BFBC2. So I turned it down to 4X and have not had a problem since, been playing for about an hour and no CTD.

Art Blade

I have never used AA and AF :) Maybe that's why I almost never had any problems.. those effects use up a lot of a graphic card's resources.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Interesting - I set anti-aliasing to 8x and have not had problems, even with a trainer and FRAPS loaded.  However, I ensure that nothing else is loaded, even some of the tray applications that I do not need for the game.

Tags:
🡱 🡳