Exploring: Newbie in Bowa Seko

Started by PZ, January 26, 2011, 11:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

^+-+
That happened to me this morning at the GP to the east of the Dogon village!  I'd gone up to pick up a Predecessor tape (the American), and I exited the village using the hang glider - then to the GP - the Carl-G guy knew I was coming and fired at me, but hit the building right next to him - nite, nite merc!  ^+-+

ninzza

Quote from: PZ on January 26, 2011, 11:15:19 PM

However, the locals still do plenty of fishing
[smg id=2803 width=400]

That's interesting, PZ. I never saw any guys fishing in my playthroughs.

:-X :)

PZ

I don't recall who, but someone else at OWG discovered (and posted) pics of fishermen some time ago (Art will remember  :-()) - these guys were in an off the beaten trail area between Sefapane and the GP to the west - go along the tracks and check your map for a building nestled in the mountains north of the tracks - you'll find several mercs there, and two of them were fishing when I came by.

It's fun to see what these mercs do when they are not actively gunning for you  :-()

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on January 29, 2011, 01:33:53 PM
I don't recall who, but someone else at OWG discovered (and posted) pics of fishermen some time ago (Art will remember  :-())

You were as close as you could ever get.. it was I who came up with that  ;) Actually not a fisherman but a gold digger.

Quote from: Art Blade on April 18, 2009, 11:36:56 AM
a small lake near Sefapane

[smg id=108 align=center width=640]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

ninzza

So he's washing gold, not fishing.

PZ

I don't think so, unless he has huge gold nuggets in that basket - the bottom is full of holes  :-()

Art Blade

Maybe, at least that thing is meant for gold as far as I know. He might as well try to fish something with it or pan for diamonds.  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

^+-+
Could be - the developers typically use creative license when they create these objects  :-()

mandru

I recognized the spot outside Sefapane and went to take a closer look.  Getting up as close as I could without disturbing the mercs in no detect mode to watch the process a few times.

Yeah that's mining even though it does look more like a fish trap.  When seen from the bottom of the pan it is a circle divided in four but when seen from the merc's perspective there is canvas or some material covering 3/4 of the bottom so that a slight scoop can be made through the open part for panning.

At one point through the animation there is a high pitched chime that goes "Sh-shing" like in a cartoon or stupid TV commercial when they put a sparkle on some sales person's smile (as if I'd trust someone that has to have their smile doctored up  >:( ).  The merc then will pinch something out of the basket and make the motion of placing it in a small coin pocket like the Levi's 501's have above the opening for the regular right front pocket.

I've seen this activity at TaeMoCo on the west side of the pit near the explosives shed but had never tried to get close enough to pick up that sparkle sound effect before.   ;D

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Probably diamond panning, like Art suggested  :-()

fragger

Great stories and observations, chaps :-X

Art Blade

Quote from: mandru on January 29, 2011, 05:59:43 PMnever tried to get close enough to pick up that sparkle sound effect before.   ;D

Quote from: PZ on January 29, 2011, 06:04:35 PMProbably diamond panning, like Art suggested  :-()

Hehe..

Quote from: Art Blade on April 18, 2009, 11:32:02 AMI could clearly hear the same sound you get when you earn diamonds. The sound was actually attracting me. LOL

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

:-()

kind of surreal, that quote is from 2009. :)

Art Blade

I keep experiencing weird side missions. First I had this arms dealer mission which disappeared, I did nothing, never even seen the convoy nor a message, nothing, yet I had one more accomplished mission in my book. Now I took on an assassination mission which led me again to the GP with the "rock solid merc" ( :-() ) which was funny because I kept shooting loads of people, same as in my description a few posts earlier in this topic, but all of a sudden I get a "mission accomplished" message.

Why? Turns out that my target was driving in a convoy around there, got stuck (I saw all three vehicles nearby on the road, every one of them had a steaming engine) and must have engaged in the fight which I had started with the GP. My target must have been what they call collateral damage.  ^+-+

PZ

Art Blade

cheers, hehe  ^-^ I thought we could all figure out who it was when talking about some "rock solid merc"  :-D

PZ

Indeed - perfect  :-()  Now we don't need to explain each time; we have a shortened version, similar to GP, ATP, GLAT, etc.

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳