Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Here's a strange clock - the numbers do not make sense
[smg id=2804 width=400]

The International Food Fund has delivered to Sefapane
[smg id=2805 width=400]

However, the locals still do plenty of fishing
[smg id=2803 width=400]

I'm on the barge mission - the grenade launchers are deadly, however there is an RPG guy and a mortar guy that need attention
[smg id=2796 width=400]

I left the barge and used the boar I'd placed at this position earlier - my plan is to go to the island where I'll kill the RPG guy.  Once on that island, I heard a whistle, an explosion, and an "Arrrrgggg....." - the mortar had killed the RPG guy - what a stroke of luck  ^+-+
[smg id=2806 width=400]

Next, it is time to pay the mortar man a visit - a quick but exciting boat trip took me to his island - keeping low in the rocks allowed me to get relatively close to the guy - a dart later and he was history.
[smg id=2807 width=400]

Art Blade

you're surely having fun there  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed - loads of fun, and as I think I mentioned, the mercs are either less astute to my presence, I'm hiding better, or perhaps I'm just being luckier than in the past.  Just last night I was able to hide behind a bush right next to the road at a GP on the south end of the lake (between Mike's and the brewery) and those GP mercs didn't even see me - nor did the ATP that rolled by several times.  The interesting part for me is that this is not an isolated case, nor am I wearing the camo suit.

Art Blade

you did turn off the "ignore player cheat," didn't you?  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I don't typically use ignore_player, and didn't the entire time of this play through, so my experience is genuine vanilla FC2 - in fact all cheats are turned off  :-()

Art Blade

I know you didn't cheat (this playthrough)  :) It was just so tempting to slip in that comment :-()

PZ

^+-+
I know, my friend - you're quite the funny guy!

Art Blade

^-^

I played a little FC2 myself today. I used a 73% savegame which is particularly useful because I don't have any malaria attacks at all (savegame available in the downloads).

I went to Port Selao to cause mayhem and shout, "chaos!" while shooting at random mercs and tossing grenades all over the place before I legged it. Then I drove to the airfield and darted all mercs (no one with a Carl-G to be seen, though) and I was surprised that only the sniper detected me (he ate a dart right after his second shot).

On my way to the marina I shot the patrol ATs with my MGL which was nice, killed the animals around the underground hideout and was already anticipating the Datsun Dummy whom I wanted to "play" with -- that game PZ invented -- and there he came along wheels screeching. I stopped so he'd get out of his car, then I got in and drove a few metres so he'd get back in and follow. When he did, I reversed and slammed my AT into his front bumper twice and got out. The merc was foaming already and got out as well, while I was already mounting my ride again. Unfortunately the merc did not get back into his steaming car but used the red AT parked near the road (belongs to the safehouse I believe, yet parked close to the water). I didn't want him to do that, so I got out and blew him to the skies with my MGL and I discarded his Datsun while I was at it.

Oh yes, FC2 random free roam adventures are fun  :) :-X

PZ

lol, the good thing about my bad memory is that I can play the game almost like I'd not played it before - I forgot all about the Datsun dummy fun  :-X

Art Blade

;D

The funny thing later on was a lone merc who came from god knows where (roughly from the airstrip) walking down the road to the scene of crime (blown-up AT and Datsun) where I was still standing since like an hour or so ago (a friend called me the moment I wanted to drive on to the marina, so I never made it). I realised some movement between the wreck of the Datsun and the tree line to the right while I was staring down the road towards the airstrip. The merc wore a white shirt and a hat and trudged towards me without realising the immanent danger. I told my friend to hold on for a sec and fired a dart at the merc who ducked and I missed him.  ???? So I shot again, and he dodged quickly, I missed again..  ??? It took like 10 darts until the merc was close enough not to be able to dodge my darts any more and finally he went down. Cheeky ba$t@rd, dodging darts all the time!  ^+-+

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: PZ on January 26, 2011, 11:15:19 PM
Here's a strange clock - the numbers do not make sense
[smg id=2804 width=400]

The outside numbers are 0-60 for seconds, and the inside ones are roman numerals, I thru XII for hours. I think.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

That was a good story, Art!  :-() :-X

@D_B - I think you're correct, but the strange thing about those Roman numerals is that they run 1-4, then start over at 1 again  ????

Art Blade

you're partly right, D_B.

A proper dial would display 1-12 however, not repeating some digits :)

I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII.

and thanks, PZ  ;D

ninzza

Quote from: PZ on January 27, 2011, 05:57:08 PM
lol, the good thing about my bad memory is that I can play the game almost like I'd not played it before - I forgot all about the Datsun dummy fun  :-X

Running over datsun dummies never gets old :) I feel so good when I hit DD's and hear their screams "arghhhhh"  ;D

PZ

^+-+
I do love the sound effects the mercs emit when they depart from the African world!

Art Blade

:)

I just had a funny moment driving around Bowa. I happened upon the GP with the merc inside the rock shooting at me (three grenades later he must have spread his innards all across the inside of the rock), a Carl-G sniper shooting at me (I returned the favour with my MGL popping evey bone in his body at once), a GLAT shooting at me (my 6P9 ventilated their brains), an AT with a SAW shooting at me (I had to force myself not to use my own Carl-G on them, so I pierced them with my 6P9), a Jeep Wrangler who just had to join the party shooting at me (another round from my 6P9 ripped a third nostril into his face) and a couple of mercs who died of lead poisoning finished the little incident.

What is so funny about all this is that I ended up with a nice choice of vehicles:

• Grenade Launcher Assault Truck (GLAT)
  • AT with a SAW machine gun
  • AT with an M2 .50 machine gun (the one I got there with)
  • Jeep Wrangler
  • Dune Buggy

:)

[smg id=2808 align=center type=link width=400]

ninzza

Quote from: Art Blade on January 28, 2011, 09:47:05 AM
;D

The funny thing later on was a lone merc who came from god knows where (roughly from the airstrip) walking down the road to the scene of crime (blown-up AT and Datsun) where I was still standing since like an hour or so ago (a friend called me the moment I wanted to drive on to the marina, so I never made it). I realised some movement between the wreck of the Datsun and the tree line to the right while I was staring down the road towards the airstrip. The merc wore a white shirt and a hat and trudged towards me without realising the immanent danger. I told my friend to hold on for a sec and fired a dart at the merc who ducked and I missed him.  ???? So I shot again, and he dodged quickly, I missed again..  ??? It took like 10 darts until the merc was close enough not to be able to dodge my darts any more and finally he went down. Cheeky ba$t@rd, dodging darts all the time!  ^+-+

lol that's very funny Art  :-X :-() He dodged ...10 darts, he must has super reflex

Art Blade

I'd have liked to see the face of my friend who was listening to all that..

"Hold on, there's just some merc showing up, I need to finish him so we may continue talking without FC2 going wild on the speakers."
*piff*
"Aw, feck, I missed him."
*piff*
"That ba$t@rd dodged that!!"
*piff*
"And again!"
*piff*
"I don't believe this.."
*piff*
*piff*
*piff*
*piff*
*piff* <Ahhh-haaaaaaargh>
"NOW!"

:-D

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on January 28, 2011, 01:37:40 PM
...What is so funny about all this is that I ended up with a nice choice of vehicles:

• Grenade Launcher Assault Truck (GLAT)
  • AT with a SAW machine gun
  • AT with an M2 .50 machine gun (the one I got there with)
  • Jeep Wrangler
  • Dune Buggy
That's a funny location in the game - that guy has been in the rock ever since I first started playing FC2 - they never did want to fix it, or perhaps they wanted it that way.  In any case, that sure is a hostile neck of the woods.  :-X

Art Blade

Maybe they forgot to fix that. Or they never knew about it. It is possible that we're the only guys who actually enjoy taking out GPs all over again and again, knowing their specific anomalies by heart.. I reckon most other people try to avoid them as much as possible so they'd never recognise a pattern as in "he's always in that rock" -- probably they don't even know he's in that rock.  :)

Anyway, we know. And I agree, that area apparently is rather unfamiliar with terms like "hospitality"  :-()

ninzza

From my experience, if I shoot the guy in the rock with an assault rifles, he doesn't die, but one
shot of sniper rifle at a very close range kills him.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on January 28, 2011, 02:13:44 PM
... so they'd never recognise a pattern as in "he's always in that rock" -- probably they don't even know he's in that rock.  :)
^+-+
That's so true - and reminds me of the lame comments I used to read on the Ubisoft FC2 forums - people like you mention above crying about all kinds of foolish things simply because their own observational skills are so abysmal.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on January 28, 2011, 02:43:22 PMpeople like you mention above crying about all kinds of foolish things simply because their own observational skills are so abysmal.

People that have abysmal observational skills usually don't observe. They just foolishly cry about all kinds of things  :-() People with observational skills either don't post there or, just as bad as those crying, flame those who cry. In any way, not the kind of forums I'd visit and none I'd post in ;)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on January 28, 2011, 03:09:19 PM
...People with observational skills either don't post there or...
Exactly, they post here - that's precisely why OWG is in existence  ;)

Art Blade

:) :-X

Oh, I had another funny moment. I jumped down the bridge at rail xing (the bridge was already blown up) and walked or swam down the river until I got to the pier where that diamond case lies on the ground with its previous owner dead next to it. I knew that a bit further up, before getting to the safehouse, was a stationary merc patrol with rockets (Carl-G). I couldn't see him but he must have seen me, because I heard  a big bang up the path, someone must have fired a Carl-G. Then silence. I walked up to see what it was or where the merc was, and after a while I found him dead, his Carl-G next to him. And the tree he must have hit, right in front of him.  :-D That stupid idiot. ^+-+

Tags:
🡱 🡳