Dead Space 2 demo

Started by Fiach, January 25, 2011, 02:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

Is available on XBOX LIVE now, if thats of any benefit to anyone.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

JRD

Thanks Fiach

I`d like to add two YT vids to your post: the E3 trailer and a gameplay vid.

Dead Space was a big success upon release. It is a sci-fi survival / horror, corridor style FPS... I like how they create a clean HUD where all your info on ammo, health etc is displayed on your armor. Nice touch.  :-X . If I`m not mistaken you are a worker stuck on a space rig and all your weapons are actually high tech tools which is also a nice change for FPS!!  :)

I`m not a fan of that particular genre to be honest, but DS is a game I might give a try one day

Dead Space 2 Trailer - E3 2010

Dead Space 2 Demo - E3 2010

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Fiach

Just to comment on FPS "corridor" JRD, DS2 takes place in a city, so it has corridors and open air section, just in case the claustrophobics among you start to shiver in despair :)

I bought the original on release, played a bit, but I didnt really take to it, I bought it again later for a tenner, but still havent delved into it too deeply, but they both got incredibly high scores, so I guess its horses for courses.

Its funny though, I love Resident Evil, but I think its more the "vibe" and the history of that series that attracts me to it, the space thing just doesnt do it for me, maybe if I played more I would get into it more deeply :)

JRD

Hmmmm city environment... good to know... thanks for the heads up!  :-X

How does the dismemberment thing works for you, mate?

I thought it was a sort of a cheap trick to make some sick kids happy... there seems to be some seriously disturbed kids out there eager to chop limbs off and putting that feature on a game would appeal to that public (note that I am a bit of a sadistic ba$t@rd myself and like to burn my ants with a magnifying glass pretty often, I just don`t like the idea of being forced to dismember enemies all the time  >:D )

Doesn`t ir make your guns seems noneffective as you have to shoot several times to stop something?  ????
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Fiach

Well, you dont have guns, you use mining tools iirc.

The only way to kill the monsters was dismemberment, the main tool (cutter?) could have its angle changed, so your beam could be vertical or horizantal, so you could alternate between different shaped monsters, I think its about 2 years since I tried it, so I'm a bit hazy tbh.  :-[

Tags:
🡱 🡳