Visiting Goka Falls

Started by PZ, January 23, 2011, 10:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Current status: a couple of Predecessor missions available, I need some malaria medicine, and there is a buddy I need to find.  Other than that, I'm nearly done in Leboa.

First task - get passports from the Priest in Pala - his contact was in southwest Leboa - not too much trouble to get past the mercs surrounding the place.  Then back to the bus stop to the northwest bus stop - then to the hidden valley where I hope to find a buddy.  Sure enough, Quarbani Singh needed help and was grateful that I came by.

I needed some high explosive so I went to the armory east of the plane wreck for IEDs, and a fresh SVD and dart.  Next I traveled east to enter Goka Falls via the foot path to the shack on the river.  Then the short walk up the steep dirt path where along the way I met only a single merc - easily dispatched with a dart.

Now it's time to visit Gakumba in his room in the lodge to say our final farewells.

Things are quiet - almost too quiet...
[smg id=2753 width=400]

Let's stick a couple of IEDs to the wall of the lodge near the the ammo pile - I'm going to attempt to drop the bridge.
[smg id=2761 width=400]

A closeup of this improvised device show great detail.
[smg id=2760 width=400]

I almost got caught sneaking into Gakumba's parlor, and there he was - standing there like I was his long lost friend.
[smg id=2759 width=400]

The funny thing is that Gakumba didn't say anything as I threw a few more IEDs on the floor of his room
[smg id=2758 width=400]

Perhaps Gakumba thought the explosives I'd placed on the floor were a parting gift.
[smg id=2757 width=400]

Now outside and back across the bridge, time to touch off the explosives - goodbye Mr. Gakumba
[smg id=2756 width=400]

The wall of the lodge is burning, and the fire is spreading - the ammo pile ignites and throws lead into the bridge supports.
[smg id=2755 width=400]

Finally with a  loud crack, the bridge gave way
[smg id=2754 width=400]

Time to go - the merc reinforcements were arriving, and seemed to be angry about something.
[smg id=2762 width=400]

Art Blade

very nicely done and nice pics there, PZ  :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

:-X :-D

No bridge over troubled waters for those mercs :-()

PZ

Cheers, guys  :-X

This is easily one of my favorites because you never know if the bridge will actually collapse - doesn't happen every time.

PZ

One end of the Goka Falls bridge fell up!
[smg id=2763 width=400]
[smg id=2764 width=400]
[smg id=2765 width=400]

Art Blade

I saw that happen a couple of times. If you're on the PC and save there, every time you reload, the bridge will be in a different position (at least that's what happened to me the last time I did that)  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thats what happened this time - I'd created a save at this position, and when I reloaded, the fight was on  >:D

mandru

I love save points.   :-X

I'm really missing those in AC2 as I'd like to attempt working through missions in several different ways without having to try a different approach after all the w@&k of a complete new play through.   :-( 
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Indeed - the limit of three seems a bit stingy  >:(

Tags:
🡱 🡳