Elder Scrolls V "Skyrim" (and a discussion about E.S. IV, Oblivion)

Started by spaceboy, January 22, 2011, 08:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninzza

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Rhynder

11.11.11  ...The day I lose more sleep than usual. I've been pre-ordered for over a two months now, I cant wait to whip out my "Burlap" map and let destiny guide me to my fate, good or bad.  ^-^
I have crappy internet, so don't expect to see me playing any games online.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Rhynder

Recommended Specs

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
4GB System RAM
6GB free HDD space
DirectX 9 compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher).
DirectX compatible sound card
Internet access for Steam activation

Minimum Specs

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
2GB System RAM
6GB free HDD Space
Direct X 9 compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
DirectX compatible sound card
Internet access for Steam activation

Also tweeted: "The Min specs get you playing. The recommended specs let you play on High, not on Ultra. You'll want beefier rig for that."

They are lower than I thought they would be, huzzah!
I have crappy internet, so don't expect to see me playing any games online.

Art Blade

:laugh: @ "huzzah"  :-D cheers, and indeed, not too far from what we've got :-X

PZ

Art Blade

yes indeed, I'm glad to know that it will at least run on our machines even if not in all its glamour. That's reserved for upgrades or even new machines. :)

Fiach

WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

I wanted to check your gaming rig specs but there aren't any. Maybe a good idea to post away over there, "whatcha got mate?"  :-D

Fiach

Its nothing special mate, its a Dell Inspiron Desktop, Win7 64bit, Quad Core, 6 gig ram, ATI Card 5 series with 1 gig of Ram, 1TB HD, dunno what the motherboard is (dunno if i3 helps any).

I hate the card though and I hate NVIDIA, because NVIDIA has a thing called PHYSX (spelling?) and a lot of games use it, but the ATI cards cannot handle it and it buggers up some games.

Art Blade

I see, that's quite a shite machine.. I understand why you've never posted those specs in the members' game rigs topic.

Spoiler
:laugh:
sorry, couldn't resist  :-D
PhysX it's called indeed, makes use of GPU acceleration to create better game physics. ATI and nVidia always had that kind of competition going. They keep inventing exclusive/proprietary stuff.

You know, I had done everything but ask you straight to please post in THAT topic which I had already hyperlinked to.. haha, epic failure.  ^-^

Fiach

Hahahahaha :) I love the word "shite", s#!t doesnt quite express the same depth of feeling that that extra letter "e" tends to add to the word :)

Art Blade

^-^

You did see the spoiler tags and read its content, didn't you?  :-D

Fiach

fragger

Quote from: Fiach on October 26, 2011, 01:59:00 AM
I love the word "shite"...

Just be careful you don't accidentally type "shiite" - you could get yourself into a world of - well, shite... 8-X

Art Blade

Fiach

Quote from: fragger on October 26, 2011, 05:39:41 AM
Just be careful you don't accidentally type "shiite" - you could get yourself into a world of - well, shite... 8-X

hahahaha  ;D

Nice link mate, I love that movie :)

Art Blade

Fiach

I was just looking at the specs, 6gig HD space.... thats the size of a 360 disc.....

Does that mean that there will be no better gfx on PC than the 360 do you think?

Art Blade

Fiach

Ouch! Saves me wondering which platform to get, couch and WS TV wins easily :)

Art Blade

Fiach

360 version (dunno about the PC version) has texture pop in problems, I guess like RAGE had. There is a day one patch, but it does not address this problem. Glad I decided to wait lol :)

Fiach

A pretty informative review, no score yet and some bad bugs/glitches, but over all it looks like a bloody good game (well after patching a bit), some nice information in the article.

http://uk.gamespot.com/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/reviews/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-review-6344618?hd=1&page=1

Tags:
🡱 🡳