Stupid dog...

Started by PZ, January 14, 2011, 02:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

:D :D :D

My stupid dog chewed the driving wheel USB cable near the connector that plugs into the PS3 and broke through some of the wires!

Anyone know of a repair method?  I did a bit of research and found instructions for a standard USB connector, but not where/if I can get a replacement connector that I can splice in.  I don't mind soldering, nor how it ends up looking as long as I can get it repaired - I'd hate to have to send it back to Logitech.

Stupid f#@$#% dog....  :D :D :D

fragger

I would have thought you could get a USB connector from a computer parts supplier or electronics shop, but mind you I've never had occasion to look for one so I don't know how readily available they are. The manufacturers of USB devices must get them from somewhere.

I do however know of a repair method for a destructive dog >:D

I can relate to that story. About a year ago, after following an ominous trail of black foam-rubber fragments through the house, I discovered that my dog had used my $500 studio-quality headphones as a chew toy :D That's about as close as she's come to making a one-way visit to the bush ;D

Hope you find a solution, PZ :-D

P.S. Dunno whether this helps or not:

http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts-kws/usb-connector

Art Blade

Heh, reminds me how I found copper wire balls in a plant pot in my living room. The source of the copper wire balls were my expensive loud speaker cables which had been chewed through (aha, that's why I thought the centre speaker of my then 5.1 dolby pro logic surround cinema system didn't w@&k well..) but what chews copper cables behind the sofa?

The next copper wire balls I found were in the hamster cage. Erm.. what the.. ?! Turned out that my then girlfriend's hamster found a way to leave the cage (that ba$t@rd actually managed to squeeze through the cage bars, in and out), found the copper monster cable suitable to build a nest, and robbed a little bit of copper every night. Some of it he thought might make a nice second home in the plant pot across the room from his cage.

It was the last hamster that set foot on my soil.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

OUCH!

I'm assuming that the cable is hardwired into the wheel? If thats the case, maybe just get another USB cable and disassemble the wheel and stick the new wires into the old holes..... sounds too easy to be true I guess LOL :)

I still havent forgiven my son for trying to wear my awesomely expensive wireless headphones as a superhero belt, borking them beyond redemption   :D
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

"borking them beyond redemption" ^+-+
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

^+-+ ^+-+
HAHAHA, thanks for the stories everyone - you guys have saved the life of my f'in dog! [at least I can laugh about it now]

Tags:
🡱 🡳