What games are you waiting for 2011

Started by Fiach, January 14, 2011, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

Crikey Quarter one is here already and I'm already staring bankruptcy in its cold and unfeeling face  :'(

Dead Space 2             (28/jan/11)
Two Worlds 2             (4/feb 2011)
Testdrive Unlimited 2  (11/feb/2011)
Bulletstorm                 (25/feb/2011)
Deus Ex Revolution     (8/mar/2011)
Dragon Age 2              (11/mar/2011)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

^+-+

I've not anything particular in mind at the moment, except Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood for the PC.  Of course, I would be looking forward to:

Uncharted 3
Far Cry 3
AC:4

spaceboy

Looks to be a good year again, though not for my pocketbook...  There are others I would be interested in (like TDU2 and Two Worlds II) but I just can't see myself squeezing in a purchase.  But here are the ones on my radar.

Little Big Planet 2   01/18
Killzone 3                  2/22
Homefront                  3/8
Socom 4                      3/31
ICO and Shadow of the Colossus  4/1
MotorStorm Apocalypse    4/12
Sorcery (Move)                 4/30
LOTR: War in the North    8/24
Rage                                   9/13
Uncharted 3                        11/1
Batman Arkham City         TBD
Infamous 2                       TBD
The Last Guardian            TBD

I agree an FC3 or new AC game would be highly welcome, but I've not heard even rumors yet.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

I may be out of sorts with most people here as 9 of my 13 listed are PS3 exclusive.  I gotta say Brink does seem pretty cool, but I don't think I can get another shooter in there.   I'll probably be pushing one or two into summer as the first 4 months are just jam packed.

Dweller_Benthos

Portal 2 is the only one I can think of, hopefully the Minecraft monkey will be off my back by then (April I think). Since Minecraft just had a huge update.......
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

- Half-Life Episode 3
- Duke Nukem Forever (maybe... it might just be released in time to coincide with my retirement).

Agree about Far Cry 3, but that still seems to be vaporware.

Fiach

I really HATE episodic content! How long has it been since Epi 2 of Half Life, on a positive side, well VALVE will be going forever, but I'll never forget my one (and only) foray into episodic content, it was with the game SIN, it was an awesome shooter back in the day, It got a sequel a few years back, it was supposed to be an "episodic" resurrection of the franchise, it never made it past epi 1, the only saving grace is that epi 1 had Sin (the original fully patched) game bundled free with it.

But again... the question, how long between HL Epi 2 and Epi 3, since then you have had Portal and L4D one and two and soon to be released portal 2, its such a shame that the main foundation of Valve has been left to stagnate so pitifully. :(
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Hehe :)

Test Drive Unlimited (TDU) 2  >:D
DNF
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

oh yeah I forgot about DNF.  Out of nostalgia sake I will have to get it.  Duke 3D is what resurrected my interest in gaming after college.  I hadn't played games since I was a kid - game free from through high school and college lol.  now look at me.

Art Blade

That's the logical development of higher education.  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

LOL Art - reminds me of a line from Toy Story 3 - "College is no place for a toy! Toys are for play-time!!"

The two big releases coming up for me are Killzone 3 and Metal Gear Solid Rising. 
OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!  :-D

ninzza

Quote from: spaceboy on January 14, 2011, 09:03:47 AM
I agree an FC3 or new AC game would be highly welcome, but I've not heard even rumors yet.

I'm looking forward to Crysis 2 and of course if FC3 comes out this year, I'll definitely get it too.
According to GI, FC3 will come out in this Aug:

www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/01/01/2011-video-game-release-schedule.aspx?PostPageIndex=4&PageIndex=7

Art Blade

Oh  ??? Whoa, FC3!  ;D :-X Cheers, ninzza :)

By the way, long time no see.. you've been quiet for a long time, mate :) Good to see you're still with us  :)

ninzza

Hi Art.
For some reason I lost interest in gaming last year, I even considered to sell my PS3.
BTW congrats for promotion.

Art Blade

cheers, nice of you to notice :)

Looks like 2011 is going to get you back as a gamer then, isn't it :) :-X

ninzza

Yeah, right now I'm playing FC2 again. Glad to see you guys are still playing and discussing about it.

Art Blade

Haha, you got here right on time. They just started replaying it, and even I might do it (but I have it on my windows XP partition,  while I am mostly using Win7. This is a dual-boot PC)

mmosu

Whoa, hold the phone!  Did I just have a small seizure or did somebody say FC3 a few posts back!!!  :o
Cheers ninzza, I dare say that's the most direct info I've seen for awhile  :-X

PZ

Ubisoft Montreal produced the Assassin's Creed series, in which there is much continuity - it sure would be nice to have the same with Far Cry - although I did not play FC1, I understand it is quite different from FC2.  I'm just being selfish, but I'd wish for a FC3 to be a continuation of FC2 much like AC:B is a continuation of AC2.

ninzza

Do you think FC3 will come out this year ? Ubisoft have yet to announce it, so  it's probably not out until next year ?

PZ

No idea - you'd think if they were programming it now some kind of information would be leaking out.  I'm not holding my breath, but am keeping my fingers crossed that they will continue the series.

spaceboy

Quote from: PZ on January 23, 2011, 02:54:13 PM
Ubisoft Montreal produced the Assassin's Creed series, in which there is much continuity - it sure would be nice to have the same with Far Cry - although I did not play FC1, I understand it is quite different from FC2.  I'm just being selfish, but I'd wish for a FC3 to be a continuation of FC2 much like AC:B is a continuation of AC2.

Spoiler
but. um...isn't everybody dead  :)  but yeah, continuity with the look and feel and African map (just bigger etc.) would be awesome

I haven't read a thing on FC3 and that list also had I Am Alive on there which was shelved awhile back and I haven't heard anything on in awhile so I'm thinking it may need to be updated.  Both FC3 and I Am Alive are two games I'd love to play, mind you, I just don't think they're on the horizon for this year.

mmosu

I'd settle for distant rumblings that were credible at this point, even if it was a few years out  :-()

Space, I was thinking the exact same thing in your spoiler - definately couldn't use the same characters.  Well, no one's quite sure what happened to that Jackal guy . . .

PZ

Spoiler
They're not actually dead - just "lost" like the buddies in Leboa  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳