Interesting assassination mission: Port Selao target

Started by PZ, April 11, 2009, 12:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I'm enjoying the use if IEDs for car bombs, and other uses I've not explored much in the past.

Went to a cell tower and received an assassination mission - target: Port Selao.  Stopped by the armory and changed my trusty 6P9 for a pack if IEDs with the intent of dropping one of the noise makers by the feet of the victim.  With IEDs in hand, I went into town and goofed big time - hit the throw Molotov button!  The mercs went nuts of course, and the target ran away, as did I.  Left town to let them calm down intending to return to finish the job.  Upon entering town, the target started firing immediately, but the rest of the mercs did nothing.  I quickly equipped my dart and skewered the target.  Here's the strange part: other than one of the mercs saying "That ain't right..." they did nothing about me killing their suit and simply walked around casually.

JRD

That's weird... maybe all mercs relax once you leave town but the target remains "triggered" till you finish him! Must have no "chill out, dude" command on his algorithm  :P
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Zomby Woof

I wonder if you can get away with a fight you don't start?  That's interesting.  On my next playthrough, I'll try pulling up the ironsights on the target and trying to intimidate him into shooting first.  Who nows, it works on the gaurds sometimes.

PZ

I tried that a time or two and once the merc I was intimidating started firing, the message "Escape from town..." came up and everyone went on alert.

Tags:
🡱 🡳