Using FO3 maps and DLC in FNV

Started by PZ, January 06, 2011, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

A modder is working on integrating FO3 areas into FNV:

QuoteThe purpose of this mod is to integrate all of Fallout 3 and it's DLC's into New Vegas as extra locations on the map. This will be achieved by adding a train station in NV and a Station in DC and adding the ability to fast travel between them

If this works out, it opens a huge potential in new missions and quests.  As part of the new mod, the startup music is Viva Las Vegas, by Elvis Presley.  Check out this link for progress, and the video snippet below:

Fallout New Vegas ft. the capital wasteland

Ricamundo

That would be incredibly cool. 8) It would be great to see these big undertakings pan out, as it would show up Obsidian for being so lazy with the vanilla FONV. So much empty space in the map and 75% of the buildings, at least are boarded up. ::)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

I'm noticing that modders are increasingly interested in these empty spaces, and are developing buildings, characters, and quests using mostly vanilla components - here's an example.  I suppose that the FNV developers created this open architecture because they know that modders will take advantage of the potential, which decreases their responsibility for developing content.

Tags:
🡱 🡳