Raid the Post Office

Started by JRD, April 11, 2009, 11:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I love it JRD!

I've never used that sniper position before, but I sure will on my next visit to the post office.  Another great place to attack from is the flat topped building (where one of the diamonds is located) on the east side of the area.  It is easy to sneak in from the river to the east and then climb the ladder and start your assault - usually with the dart first, then go loud when they find you.  Throw a few Molotovs and most of the foolish mercs will fry even before they can amass an assault on your position.

Dweller_Benthos

Cool, I'll keep that in mind, the Post Office was always a pain for me, I usually just park a grenade truck and carpet bomb for five minutes, then move in with the SAW.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

JRD

That was my strategy too D_B, make it rain on them!!
This time I think I got a wrong turn in the bushes somewhere and found that spot.
I think there might be a sniping spot for every area in the map...

... or not!!!

PZ

I think that you might be correct JRD,  I chanced upon a nice on overlooking the cattle x-ing on the west side of the area.  There are others too, like the one on the eastern side of Polytechnic.

JRD

That sounds likely...
Think: devs are making a game where sniper guns are the primary choice of a player. Snipers are in every single game (FPS, of course) and you have an open world to explore.
So, they make at least one spot in each area to be found by players.

Well... here is another thing to explore in the game.
Will continue my research and if I can find spots on most areas, you should consider placing an icon on the maps... how's that?

PZ

Absolutely, that's a great idea - that sounds like another specialty thread we can start, like the Troublesome diamond series.  We could call it something like "Sniper position: PetroSahel".  I could even have a map icon specific to the sniper threads.

Tags:
🡱 🡳