2010 GAME OF THE YEAR?

Started by Fiach, December 21, 2010, 07:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmosu

I never played Lair but I read some reviews of it that weren't good - the main issue was with the mandatory sixxaxis controls which are supposedly very unresponsive and frustrating.  I'll look forward to either confirmation or denial of this from you and your son space  :-X

Fiach

I HATE 6 axis!

The first PS3 game I played was Heavenly Sword and that used 6 axis, it was very frustrating, but I subsequently learned you could turn it off in the game Options menu. Hopefully all the PS3 games are like that.

I have anout 15 PS3 games, I dont really remember it in any other games apart from Heavy Rain, but it wasn't annoying in that game, the games controls were unusual anyway, so you just kinda rolled with it.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mmosu

That was precisely the issue with Lair - you can't turn it off!
I typically turn the feature off too Fiach, I remember one time I accidentally turned it back on while playing FC2 - took awhile to figure out why my AT kept veering off the road suddenly . . .  :-[

spaceboy

FC2 had sixaxis control?  I don't recall that at all!  I must have turned it off and forgot about it.  I agree the early games (never played HS, but I know what you're talking about) tried to use the sixaxis stuff that just came off gimicky and poorly implemented.  You just don't see that stuff much any more.

I read a review on Amazon, after buying Lair, that the steering is supposed to feel that way cause dragons are heavy and can't turn on a dime.  I'll be the judge of that!  I'm not expecting a gaming masterpiece, it was an impulse buy at $10. I'll definitely let you guys know what I think.

OH, Fiach, T means it's rated Teen.  You guys probably have it rated Pegi 16 or whatever I see sometimes.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

When I read "PEGI" it always makes me think "Miss Pegi (and Kurrmit)" -- those ratings are strange anyway. I have games that carry badges which range from like "teen" to "adult" all on the same disc, all depending on the countries with their different rating systems. Come to think of it, here we're the real crazy ones. We can rate a game "adult" (18) and at the same time censor it (cutting out gore and ragdoll effects) while the same game gets a "15" somewhere else. Uncut.  :D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Yeah it's PEGI here :)

Good dragon games, well worth checking out.

Draken, the first one on PC is awesome, the second was on PS2, I dont think it got a PC release but it was quite good.

There is a new-ish game out, on 360 its called Dragon Knight Saga, its an update of Divinity 2 Ego Draconis, the upgrade was too big for XBOXLIVE so because of that, they had to re-release it under a new name, it upgrades the GFX and adds an expansion pack. Its getting awesome reviews at the moment.

On PC its called Divinity 2 Ego Draconis, I bought it for €19 in PC World, the add-on is called Flames of Vengence, the add on also upgrades the original PC game (which was already good looking anyway). The add-on is only available as a digital download, it costs afaik €20.

I thinmk Drakengard also let you fly as a dragon, but its been awhile, I could be wrong, again it was a PS2 game.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Tags:
🡱 🡳