I have a bad attitude...

Started by PZ, March 12, 2009, 06:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

... just about every time I visit town, I purposefully bump into one of the AI to determine their reaction.  If the are apologetic, then I move on.  On the other hand, if they have attitude, I'll train my primary weapon on them and fire away after seeing the shocked expression on their face.  One time I even managed to place 3 IEDs at various places in town before someone noticed me and started blasting.  Had a heck of a time getting out of that one alive...

It occurred to me that it would have been cool if Ubi had coded that type of bad attitude into the reputation scheme.  In other words, the more attitude you show the AI, the greater reputation you attain.  In any case, I still fire away at someone when leaving out of town; my favorite way of escape from Port Selao is through the hole in the wooden fence near the Jeep.  Hop into the Jeep and drive between the rusty car and the tree heading toward the bus stop.  They've not caught me yet!

JRD

You're right... to mess with them to see how far goes their arrogance is quite funny.
Although I believe they also think twice before starting a gunfight in the cease fire zone. Once, when my reputation was about 1, I started bumping into one merc to see how much pushing he could stand. It took me a while to hear him sayng "that's it", taking his rifle off of his shoulder and start firing at me.
Funny is, even with mercs from both faction around, the only guy being fired at is you!!
One would think that rival mercs could use the opportunity of a truce break to shoot at their own enemies (other than you)!!
Ubi could make them fight with each other for a change... it would make great scenarios for future missions!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

It is interesting to see the fine detail that emerges with each play.  The more comfortable I have become playing (and not being killed right away) the more time I have to enjoy the scenery and to witness the interesting things that the AI do in their daily activities.  I agree about the idea concerning the factions fighting one another.  I can imagine going in and setting one of the AI up so that they become the "fall guy" that starts a fire fight in town.  Ubi already has code that could make it w@&k - remember one of the early missions in Bowa where you are instructed to escape town by the doctor in the clinic?

spaceboy

One time, early on when I trained my pistol on a merc he threw his hands up, backing away, but one of his merc buddies came up to support him and started threatening me.  Yeah, I backed down, I'll admit it....

good to hear from you  jrderntl.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Blast away next time spaceboy, ... and then run like heck!

spaceboy

Yeah, I shouldn't have backed down, lol.  I did get more bold as the game wore on...  I had been getting used to the increased respect and the "excuse me, it's my fault" apologies when i bumped into them when one guy actually gave me grief, the nerve!, so I sliced him good with my machete.....then ran away.  I got to the moorings just outside of the cease fire to reset and then walked back to check out my handywork.  The others didn't mess with me after that!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

That's the spirit spaceboy!  Reading your post brings me a chuckle!  In fact, I appreciate reading about everyone's experiences.  As I read, I can almost place myself there in my mind.  The other benefit is that I can say to myself: "I want to try that the next time I'm in that area..."

PZ

I'm working my way through the game again, and am in Leboa.  My usual routine is to get a mission and then hop a bus.  On the way, I go to the bus stop to ensure that I know which of the four signs I need to visit and then return to town to antagonize the mercs.  Today I reached reputation level 2 and wanted to experiment with the town guys to see how they respond.  As I have experienced before, they back away and don't have the attitude that they had when I was at level 1.  This time, I aimed my AK at him repeatedly until he drew his pistol - this is where I experienced something new - the merc pointed his pistol at me, but he was completely shaky with nervousness!  He did not fire and I backed away a few feet before I sent him to his maker.  Naturally his friends and enemies alike treated me in an unfriendly manner and I withdrew to the bus stop, on my way to a new and exciting adventure in the African wilderness...

Tags:
🡱 🡳