Use the vigilantes

Started by PZ, December 12, 2010, 06:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

There is a new group of 4 in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (in addition to the courtesans, mercenaries, and thieves).  Called vigilantes, you see their icon above their heads like the other groups, but you can't hire these people.  However, if you are fighting with the guards and run toward them, they will hold onto the guards which allows you to easily perform a kill.

It is quite funny to watch them pull and tug at the guards while they hurl insults at the Borgia.

I'm now having fun picking a fight and then running toward a group of vigilantes  :-()

spaceboy

yes, the vigilantes make their return from the first Assassin's Creed.  I haven't used them much though I remember how helpful they were in the first game.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

I didn't know that about vigilantes and the first game - I've not played it through yet, but still have it on my agenda.  I'm using them now with great affect, and lots of amusement  :-()

spaceboy

yeah, they would be available for you to use like you said once you saved a citizen.  They were supposedly the brothers and uncles or whatever of the people you saved from being harrassed by the guards.  In Brotherhood I haven't used them and also I rarely use the other factions yet.  Maybe I will more as I get further, but I haven't had the need like in AC2.  Especially once you have your assassin's to call in.  I do like the way the mercenaries follow you tenaciously and then fight along with you.  I haven't used thieves yet at all. 

One time a band of mercenaries were following me and I was jumping and climbing up some columns.  One of them started and got up on the first column.  Then another one said "Isn't there another way around?"  So the first guy got down and they all hoofed it around the base of the hill and met me at the top.  very funny.  ;D
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

lol, that is funny, and what's also funny is that you can ride a horse and they keep up with you rather well.

One cool thing is how the courtesans will use poison on the enemies - I sent in a group of four, and they acted all nice and friendly, but soon there were two guards that had obviously been poisoned - the girls calmly sauntered on - I sure don't want to pi$$ off those babes.  :-()

I'm trying all kinds of new ways to do in the opposition, and it's lots of fun just wandering around finding opportune moments.  One of my favorite new ways is to ride up to a guard  equipped with my double blades and hit the attack button.  Ezio jumps off his horse and assassinates the guard, and steals his horse to boot.

Tags:
🡱 🡳