Want to know what a CPU looks like IRL?

Started by deadman1, November 18, 2010, 03:19:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

fragger

Man, that's incredible :o

Thanks deadman, excellent find! I love that sort of stuff :-X

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty cool, must be nice to have an electron microscope hanging around to do that sort of thing.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Looks great  :-X

One of the graduate courses I completed decades ago was a hands-on lab focused on the SEM (scanning electron microscope).  The technology at the time was to take any tiny object you wanted to observe, coat it with gold, and then scan it using the SEM.  The device shoots an electron stream at the gold-coated object, and the reflected electrons are collected and processed to produce the image.  Although it was a bit tricky to sputter coat biological living objects (they tended to explode in the sputter coater), I threw an ant into the system and managed to achieve acceptable results  >:D

Art Blade

PZ: :-()

Deadman: wow. Nice find. Even before reading the post and before seeing who posted it, I already guessed it would be you. Thanks for yet another interesting contribution and for continuously doing that kind of thing.. it is worth a thumbs-up in my book  ;D :-X Cheers, mate :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on November 18, 2010, 09:19:22 AM

Deadman: wow. Nice find. Even before reading the post and before seeing who posted it, I already guessed it would be you. Thanks for yet another interesting contribution and for continuously doing that kind of thing.. it is worth a thumbs-up in my book  ;D :-X Cheers, mate :)

Really? Just out of curiosity, why did you think that? And thanks for the thumbs-up  :)

Art Blade

just by reading the subject.. it's kind of "your style"  :) And you're welcome  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Whoa, that's cool  :o  Nanotech at it's best  :-X

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on November 18, 2010, 08:24:59 AM
Pretty cool, must be nice to have an electron microscope hanging around to do that sort of thing.

D_B, I was kind of thinking the same thing  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳