Games: linear versus open world

Started by PZ, October 23, 2010, 06:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B33 ENN

Quote from: Art Blade on November 08, 2010, 02:22:02 AM
I'd much rather run over a couple of helpless elderly people with walking frames, I'd even get out the car and whack survivors with their bloody walking frames, than shooting photographs of helpless animals. Those I'd nuke. ;D

Quote from: fragger on November 08, 2010, 02:34:29 AM
...I wreaked as much havoc on the animal population as I did the human one. The "thoongeda-choongeda" of a zebra getting rolled under an AT was almost as satisfying as the "Aargh-haargh" of a merc in the same situation :-()

Oh dear!  :o Is nothing sacred? :-()

Have to admit I may have occasionally used a zebra or water buffalo for cover in a tight spot   :-\\ They didn't make it  :-( But their sacrifice will be remembered!  :'(
"Do your mother a favour, buy a Lance & Ferman Military Laser."

Art Blade

:)

Damn, I missed out on all those fun games. Probably didn't have a choice, with censuring and such..

Do you guys know "Postal" - that's a game banned in Germany although I thought it was sick fun  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

I avoided animals in FC2 at nearly all costs.  It helped me be more immersed I suppose as I'd try to avoid crashing a zebra in real life, for the zebra's sake as much as for the sake of the front end of my truck!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

You're a good soul, space.. I always thought "I'ma getcha, bihatch!" and ran them over. I could always get a new car, but never the same zebra again  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I feel ashamed that I ran down anything that ran in front of my vehicle - transference for me; I pretended that they were the deer that infest my neck of the woods   >:D - deer have reproduced like rats in the Pacific Northwest, and one of them caused nearly $7,000 damage to my truck some years ago.   :D

mmosu

Quote from: JRD on November 08, 2010, 06:34:47 AM
FT was more of an RPG where your character is a rider and you got lots of things to do and find. The game I`m talking about was like a racing game really. Go from A to B and smash as many opponents as possible in the way  ;)

That sounds like Road Rash to me  ????

Quote from: Art Blade on November 08, 2010, 10:10:07 AM
You're a good soul, space.. I always thought "I'ma getcha, bihatch!" and ran them over. I could always get a new car, but never the same zebra again  ;D

Art could walk away and leave one of his wounded buddies to suffer and die in the hot African sun and not lose a wink of sleep over it, but to pass up an opportunity to run over that one extra zebra, well 
that's the kind of thing that keeps him up at night (and the fact that that keeps him up at night is what keeps me up at night :-\\ . . .  :-())

JRD

Quote from: mmosu on November 08, 2010, 01:18:28 PM
Quote from: JRD on November 08, 2010, 06:34:47 AM
FT was more of an RPG where your character is a rider and you got lots of things to do and find. The game I`m talking about was like a racing game really. Go from A to B and smash as many opponents as possible in the way  ;)

That sounds like Road Rash to me  ????

But did you have chains, clubs and those kind of weapons to use against opponents? If so, then Road Rash is the game I'm thinking... the name sounds familiar although I'm pretty sure about grabbing NPCs weapons... maybe in one specific version!  ????
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

mmosu

I think there were several installments in that series - I remember weapons like chains and baseball bats.  I don't know for sure, I don't think I ever really played it. 

Art Blade

Quote from: mmosu on November 08, 2010, 01:18:28 PMArt could walk away and leave one of his wounded buddies to suffer and die in the hot African sun and not lose a wink of sleep over it,

No. I never left one of my buddies to suffer and die in the hot African sun. I stayed with them. Meanwhile I had a gazelle (which I had run over before) over a bonfire for lunch or dinner. Made it look like that buddy died during the process of picnicking.

Quote from: mmosu on November 08, 2010, 01:18:28 PMbut to pass up an opportunity to run over that one extra zebra, well that's the kind of thing that keeps him up at night (and the fact that that keeps him up at night is what keeps me up at night :-\\ . . .  :-())

Alright, alright.. you win.. next time you may come with me. ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳