Game rating: GTA IV

Started by jmhar22, October 14, 2010, 05:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmhar22

Game title
GTA IV

Category            Rating            Comments
Story line8Based on its environment, its story easily co relates...corruption, money, chasing the American Dream!!  
Graphics10Good when you have high specs..if your in kinda pre-historic machine (im referring to PC)be sorry..
Sound10AWESOME!!!
Game play10Tons of sub-mission,coll things to do and discover around
Replay value9after finishing the game, I find it still worth cruisin around

Final thoughts
GREAT!!

JRD

Nice review   jmhar22... straight to the point and concise!

Welcome to OWG  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I have this game in my library, and have never played it (received it as a gift) because I was enamored with a different game at the time (Uncharted 2) so I completely forgot about it.  Now, your review serves not only as a recommendation, but as a reminder to check my games library a bit more often to see what I need to play.

Thanks for posting.  :-X

JRD

PZ, the GTA series became famous for being  a violence fomenting game or a gang-member game. Well... as for violent games, we all agree and are well mature and open minded to tell real life from virtual life, so a violent game is (and I can say it with a fair confidence to 99% of our members) a fun game  ;D

The main character in GTA San Andreas and IV are not really a gang member or an empty violent character. CJ from GTA SA comes back to his home city after his mother`s death break the family apart. He finds his own town, family and friends split an disunited as corrupt cops and other gang members rule the town. His whole odyssey through the game is about putting everything in its right place and restoring peace into his neighborhood, even if through bloody ways  ;D

Same goes with Nico in GTA IV... he`s just arrived in Liberty City (read NY) to meet his cousin and start a new life from scratch. Turns out he is also after revenge on a guy that ruined his life and about whom you find out little by little as Nico goes through his massive adventure in LC.

Both games build up an enormous virtual life in an incredibly city rich in details (in SA you play in 3 massive cities and numerous small towns). Characters are usually very colorful and you actually bond to all of them... if you ever give it a go, you can be prepared to play an incredible adventure!

PZ

That does sound like fun, JRD - thanks for the details.  It certainly is worth a go  :-X

Art Blade

Welcome to OWG, jmhar22 :) Thanks for posting.

Hehe, I like to see someone cut to the bone, just a handful of words to describe an epic game  ;) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

B33 ENN

I've been curious about these games for a while, never having played any. Normally I don't go for 3rd person view game.

However, I'm tempted to try this series as well as JC2 since so many of you vouch for them  :)
"Do your mother a favour, buy a Lance & Ferman Military Laser."

Binnatics

I totally agree on the rating, maybe I would even have rated replay value a 10! But that's because of the multiplayer options. I enjoyed playing it for at least 6 months without getting bored a single day. Also the DLC's are great, they give a whole new storyline which isn't about 'just some more missions' and have great new challenges both of them. I like the bike-riding-with-a-baseballbat-races, in-game as well as online. And what about the >in-mission< 100% completion challenges in TBOGT?
I suffered for weeks to get it done, and then finally, doing the last mission, I found out that it was NOT necessary to complete all different objectives in one single mission-playthrough. Id did it with all of them, still pretty proud on that  8)
It really is nasty focussing on not getting damaged, being fast enough AND get enough headshots at the same time. Some missions I played like over 30 times to get it done, lol

And off course, the GTA San Andreas is great too, I agree with that. It's the greatest game I've ever played before I discovered Multiplayer Madness in other games like GTA IV and much more.

Great job on the review again, and good to see there are more members who like GTA series!!!!
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

JRD

As my new HD is being installed I can hear the GTA IV box rumbling inside the drawer, begging to be the first game installed there... well, since I actually quit playing GTA IV due to my innadequate rig specs, I'll most definitely give it a go on maxed out settings in a few minutes  >:D >:D >:D >:D

JRD

Installation went very well... took about 20-25 minutes, including the activation steps. While tweaking the settings to get good visuals I beggin to get some stuttering and color mess up... I saw this when I first played Crysis one... this game is a resource hog and my brand new PC started to heat up in 5 minutes of gameplay  :-(

I know how to solve it - bring the fan we have at hand for everyday usage in Rio to the PC room - but will need some re-arrangements in the living room and the wife will be a bit pissed off as it is dinner time and we both have to w@&k tomorrow morning... so... more to come in due time  >:D

PZ

Good luck with it, JRD!  ;)

fragger

:-D

I'm sure your wife will understand the overriding importance of maintaining an efficient gaming environment over frivolous luxuries like eating and living comfortably 8-X

Good luck mate (better keep the door to the PC room locked while you're in there...)

Art Blade

A vent only blows cool air if there is any cool air. In your case I'd buy an aircon and place it close to the PC  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

We`re moving towards (ahem) winter here, which means temperatures below 30o (mostly around 25o)  8)

I have an aircon where the PC is, but it`s not really necessary at this time of the year... the last couple weeks I even need a blanket to sleep  :-D
I`ve been reading another thread about GTA IV here at OWG where Fiach sent me a link to a forum thread with some good tips and tweaks... will give it a go and continue the discussion over there

Binnatics

Oklay, I'll follow, it's just, that i', m some kin of driunk here, hips... but it's allways good to see another GTA lover. Let's do some GTA heli-racing,... best there is. I'll follow to the other topic tomorrow  ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳