Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands

Started by PZ, October 09, 2010, 08:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Has anyone any experience with this game?

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

I played Prince of Persia, the original old, old 2D game and loved it. I checked some vids on PoP latest titles, but never got really fond of it, I don't know why. I guess I thought the whole game was too polluted visually and not the kind of mood I was at the time.

Overall I can say the PoP is a fantastic and long adventure/plattforming game with mazes and puzzles as well as magic and some creatures to be beaten, the main character is incredibly agile and environments/scenarios are pure inspiration from Lawrece of Arabia.

Worth taking a look at youtube and some forums to see how it plays.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Thanks JRD,
I occasionally see advertisements for the game and was just wondering.

Rhynder

I have played through the game completely on PC, it's a good game. Runs good even on my current very modest setup. It's set in-between the time of the first and second game, however it plays more like the first. The combat is not so ungodly hard as the first one was, however to make up for it there are a bunch of enemies to fight. I remember at one point during the game I had to have at least 25- 30 enemies on screen, almost didn't make it out alive, but somehow I prevailed, and because of that the entire rest of that day I felt like a total B-A-M-F. :)

In total, a good game, pretty good bosses, final boss was a bit of a push over though, especially after what you had to go through just to get to the final boss. There are a couple bugs in the game, there is a major bug that I somehow triggered that prevented a crank from appearing. I had to download a fix online (It was basically a save file at the same point), only a very few people get that bug. I most likely got it because there was one point in the game where you can just barely make this jump that skips most of the level, (You're not supposed too jump to it, but there is not an invisible wall to stop you :P) and I made the jump, so most likely it was my own doing. But, other than that and a few ridiculously hard jumps that I raged over, I had a blast playing the game.
I have crappy internet, so don't expect to see me playing any games online.

PZ

Have you played Assassin's Creed 2 and beyond?  If so how does this game compare?

Rhynder

I have played Assassins Creed 1 & 2, with the Assassins Creed series , I love the open endedness of the games, however I always wanted to get to the end to finish the game as after awhile it seems too played out, like they are stretching the story out as long as possible to make the games longer. When I played POP: The Forgotten Sands the pacing is wonderful, you unlock powers and ability's at a steady rate, the puzzles while some time a little too easy, are plentiful, there are a lot of jumping puzzles as well.

Compared to the Assassins Creed series, I'd say game play wise they are almost the same. The only real difference is with Assassins Creed the combat is more thought out, you have to use your enemies weakness's against them, while POP: The Forgotten Sands is more like a button masher.
I have crappy internet, so don't expect to see me playing any games online.

PZ

That helped - thanks - have been meaning to check that game for a while now.  I've seen some of the trailers, and they look good.  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳