Look for and note merc bed roll locations

Started by mandru, October 09, 2010, 08:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

I've noticed on many plays through the game that almost every place you'll find mercs there will be locations for those mercs at night to go and sleep.  These spots are either obvious beds or often a simple blanket spread on the ground and are always in the same places, they don't move around.

Once you know where to look in each area when quiet at night you will often find these places being used.

It can be worth your while if you utilize stealth in your play style to know where mercs will go to sleep in as many areas as you can keep track of.  Sleeping targets hold very still while you are aiming for that head shot with a silenced weapon and they almost never cry out to alert the others.  >:D

Each time you clear an area look around and see if you can spot the beds and also bed rolls (often not more than a dark rectangular rag) on the ground so that later when you come slinking through in the dead of night and only see 3 mercs where there are typically 4 or 5 at a GP the chances are good you can sneak in a cheap shot stacking the odds more to your advantage.

Also if you encounter a merc sleeping on the bare ground this will also be a spot that the other mercs of that area recognize as a sleep spot and is worth noting as well.   :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Good one, mandru,

One of my favorite methods on the console is to use the 6P9 as my main weapon of choice - principally at night.  I've used it in the method that you mention, and to start propane tank fires all without the mercs knowing that anyone was present.

Art Blade

Excellent observation, mandru  :-X

I remember a couple of sleeping spots but it never occurred to me to look out for those in different areas.

A little tip: If you kill a sleeping merc with a hand grenade, it will alert other mercs who are nearby.  >:D

Note to self: There are no silenced hand grenades. Someone pulled my leg.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Quote from: Art Blade on October 09, 2010, 09:26:41 PM

A little tip: If you kill a sleeping merc with a hand grenade, it will alert other mercs who are nearby.  >:D

Heh, not if all the nearby mercs have already had their chat with Mr Dead.   ;)

But still your point is well taken.  :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳