Music: Art Blade @ YouTube

Started by Art Blade, October 09, 2010, 04:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Very good!  Congratulations on a job well done!  :-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Going to hit 4,000 views now, which is amazing.

Compared to OWG it is a completely different world out there. Basically because it is open for everyone and all kinds of subjects (music, games, art, travel, fitness.. you name it). However, if you're true to one subject, you'll start to meet people from all around the world who are interested in the same subject. What comes in rather handy is if you speak several languages.. while English works almost always. There are almost no limits to what you're about to experience.

I've found out so much about music recently, it is fantastic :)

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

4000 views?  :o

Very cool that your getting all those hits and meeting interesting people too.  :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Art Blade

cheers... :) meanwhile 4,200+ views..  :-()

Art Blade

correction: now 4,400+  ^+-+

Not boasting here.. just happy ;)

fragger

Wow, that count is going up fast! Great stuff, mate :-()

Art Blade

Actually, getting a start-up to be successful requires a lot of effort and time. I needed to put in both so it wouldn't get lost in the deep space of the YT universe immediately after the "launch."

I'll slow things down a bit there and return to my original pastime fun, games and OWG. I've never left OWG and I don't intend to. :)

I met a couple of very nice people there and I'll keep in touch with them, but in the end, I'm OWG and not YT.  :-X

Art Blade

OK.. changed the design of the channel.. FIRE  ;D

But I'm already back to playing... JC2!  >:D

argh.. I keep typing ": D" which should result in ";D" but instead it results in :D  ???? ^-^

Art Blade

The channel is up and running for one month now, looks like it attracts a couple of passers-by. Now hitting something around 6,500 views, 45 subscribers and 80 friends (select people).

My "musical journey" (favoured videos) takes me around the world, both regarding people and songs. Not a bad thing.. I would never have guessed that there's so much stuff out there :)

PZ

fragger

Art Blade

Now that I allowed chats in the channel and since I changed the channel's name to "Art's Groove Club" along with a picture of a good-looking tribal sort of black woman decorating the background, the view count has leaped forward..

close to hitting 10,000 views now. :)

A bunch of nice individuals from all over the world keep returning and checking out what's new.. :)

It is very interesting to sift through the depths of YT and come up with stuff that's barely known to most people.. for example, I introduced Japanese pop and jazz tunes.. some of it spread out across other channels.. hehe, it is a vibrant thing, that YT channel network.

Before I got into that, I considered YT a lose collection of videos, later I was amazed when I realised that you can find basically everything from old to recent music.. and then I met other channel owners and got into that social network.. from where you can kind of platform-jump from channel to channel and from there to music clip to music clip and from there back to channels.. a labyrinth that doesn't follow simple patterns, yet you may find a way and see what's keeping it all together. Considering that there are millions and millions of people using YT, and that so many of those have their own channel..

Finding the right channels is worth more than just finding single video clips. :)

PZ

Good to know and congratz on the view count  :-X

mandru

Japanese pop and jazz you say?  ^-^

One of my favorite Japanese composers is Yoko Kanno.  I encountered her w@&k through the anime Cowboy Bebop or I should say that it was her music in the opening and ending credits that pulled me in and got me to start watching the series.  Each of the 24 episodes had a musical title and each title made reference to a different genre of music to which Yoko Kanno composed that episodes background music to.  I don't believe there were any repetition of genres within the 24 episodes.

I'm impressed with her ability to successfully compose and arrange interesting  themes over such a wide palette.  Though at times she does go off in directions that are outside of my personal listening preferences she has a few songs that are among my favorites but back to Japanese pop and jazz.

Spoiler

This is a piece by Yoko Kanno called Tank which I think is a heavy fusion Jazz number that I would hate to say is along the lines of the Peter Gun Theme but I believe it has roots in a similar heritage except for the fact that Tank has more hair and fangs.   ;)   A shortened version without the elaborate saxophone lead was used for the opening credits of Cowboy Bebop but as this is one of the best versions I've come across I selected it over the opening credit version of the song to share.

The young woman in the red slicker that comes forward to greet the audience at the beginning of the video is Kanno Sama her self.   :)

"3, 2, 1, Lets Jam!"

Tank! - Cowboy Bebop

Your channel has really taken off Art.   :-X  The new background theme is also very cool, there was even a Cheerios Advert when I visited earlier this evening.  ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

hehehe, cool :) Cheers for the comment and the link to that vid, mandru :) :-X

Art Blade

☁☼☻♥☻✈☁
___/█\../█\___
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Now at a count of 13,500+ views, close to 90 subscribers, 120+ friends and 1,000+ channel comments.
Also, the sweetest person I happened upon now officially teamed up with me :)

The channel is now up and running for a while and doing rather well, apparently :)

PZ

Art Blade

I herewith announce the end of that channel.

End stats: 17,000+ views, 140+ friends, 100+ subscribers.

=====================================

The reasons are strictly personal.

However, one side effect is that I can now focus on OWG again :)

mmosu

Sorry to hear it Art, you had a good run  :-X

PZ

Indeed - an outstanding run!  :-X

Art Blade

Thanks, guys :)

Considering that I "picked" my friends (most of them I sought out myself and I turned down almost every "friend invite" -- what good are those random friend requests by people who never talk to you anyway) and that I had never uploaded any vids, and considering that I did not post the living daylights out of everyone with "love" messages as they can be seen everywhere, I'd consider it a success indeed.

However.. "YT is a zoo" someone once told me  ^+-+ and closed their account just like I did. It is a strange world.. I rather stick to OWG - never seen nicer people in one place but here.  ;) :-X

PZ

Yes, I notice that YT is much like most of the gaming forums I've visited - lots of fools looking to start a fight because they know that no one can physically swing back at them  :-()

fragger

:-D You hit it on the head (so to speak)

Tags:
🡱 🡳