Music: Art Blade @ YouTube

Started by Art Blade, October 09, 2010, 04:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

We do have a music discussion topic here at OWG alright, that's where we throw in all kinds of stuff and everybody can link to youtube vids and so on. I think I'm a lot more into music on youtube than most of us and I don't want to spam a music discussion topic with everything I see on youtube. Only recently I realised that my account over there doesn't require uploads, so it may as well serve as a platform where I can collect vids and channels I like by featuring loads and loads of "favourite" videos and showcase a few select channels I like.

So if you are up for some music, just click on my signature (or this link) to fly by and check the favourite vids or the featured channels. I comment on my own channel every time I favour a vid so you can read my opinion and infos before you start digging through the vids.

Check it out and have fun :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Nicely done - great theme by the way  :-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

I did like the background on your channel page a lot but I'm more partial to techno than disco which I'll admit is odd because they are two leaves on the same branch.  They share beats, they share the same instrumentation and both came into vogue at just same time period.

I guess the single largest divergence I can make out between the two styles is that techno has rolled back the funkiness level from disco's full blown 11 a bit.   ???

I did go through and sample several of the selections and it is good to see that you are getting good comments from those visiting.  Continued good luck with that effort Art.  :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

mmosu

Art Blade

Thanks, mmosu :)

Apparently my idea is new (or at least uncommon) and I received a nice response there:

QuoteArt, you've got a unique thing going here. I like it. Do your thing man!
Peace,
Cali

Also, within a couple of hours, my channel views jumped from 400something to 600something which nearly gave me a cardiac arrest. And for some reason a few people even subscribed to my channel :)

Art Blade

Actually, we might get a few visitors from there as it seems, it still is my OWG channel ;) I can't believe how quickly this is building up. Nice people out there  :-X

By Passioneista:
QuoteDear Art...your words touched my heart very much...I'm curious about OWG..do u live in the USA..I'm proud to have u as my dear friend....m a bit tired..but much passion will return soon..I will not forget your kindness to me....((((♥)))) Much love I leave here...delightful channel!~~Jylll smiles very much 2 U

:)

PZ

It is amazing how quickly things can build on the 'net  :-X

fragger

Nice looking page there, Art :-X :-X I'm glad you're getting such an enthusiastic response, it appears to be quite a popular idea you had. Nice one!

Art Blade

Art Blade

I'm very pleased with how people react to that channel. View count now nearly at 900, and more people subscribed and/or became friends with me. One more "success" is that I now have one subscriber who came from somewhere on the net, out of the blue (the other subscribers -- not counting PZ -- so far are channel owners whose channels I had visited before).

This is fun and a little exciting :) I never did anything like that before. I'm curious how it will develop.

PZ

Sounds like fun, Art - I hope it goes well  :-X

Art Blade

Thank you, PZ :)

Apparently I'm on the right track..

QuoteWE LOVE YOUR MUSIC ;)

Art Blade

I'm quite happy with how my channel develops. 1,100+ views within a couple of days.. and comments like..

QuoteLoving your comments on here ,you've obviously got a passion for music.. Brilliant !

..are just nice and uplifting.   :)

mmosu

It should be renamed "ArtTube"  :-D

Art Blade

the channel or this topic?  ;D Hehe, funny comment, anyway, mmosu  :-D

About music on youtube:

1) Some publishers are extremely quick and wild when it comes to copyrights. Sony, UMG, Fox, and several more chase down tracks and shut them down, sometimes even entire channels through which vids had been uploaded. This seems to be related to how much youtube is willing to pay per track published on YT.

There are different models how to achieve this, like YT pay a fixed amount per click on a vid or share a certain amount of advertisement income. If they can't agree, the music industry takes certain steps.. that explains why I can't see some vids that are available in other countries or why some vids/channels are completely erased.

2) Some people who upload vids are experts. They provide so much information as to backgrounds of bands, producers, musical careers etc it is really interesting if you "meet" the right people. Some of them produce either music or visual content (videos) or both, creating unique stuff. I'm interested in all of that and appreciate contacts.

Edit: oops, for some reason I had used  :D instead of  ;D --  sorry.

Art Blade

I am still a little excited. I happened upon a piece of music and read a comment "thanks for posting my music" with a few thumbs up next to that comment. The user who said that turned out to be one of two guys who created that track. Of course I dashed over to his channel and left a comment and offered friendship. Which he accepted :) This is crazy  ;D :-X

Indeed there are so many people using youtube, you actually get to see some big names if you're lucky. :)

I was so I exited I forgot to say that it is a piece of music I used to dance to until I was exhausted, like 25+ years ago. So after all the time, I "meet" the artist himself.

PZ

That's cool... really cool  :-X

mandru

Wow!  Art that's great!  :-X

Quote from: Art Blade on October 17, 2010, 05:28:00 PM

I was so I exited I forgot to say that it is a piece of music I used to dance to until I was exhausted, like 25+ years ago. So after all the time, I "meet" the artist himself.

@ ^  ^-^

Actually I see it as, you've left yourself something to say the next time you exchange greetings with them.  There's no need to throw all your cards on the table right off the start, right?   ;)

I'm glad you're receiving such a great reception on your channel and wish you continued success.   :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

JRD

Didn`t make any comment on your youtube channel (or here) as I didn`t have time to go through it with with calm. I did check it though and it is nice.

I for one can say it is amazing how the web can connect people in both cyber space and real life!  ;)

I can`t say it enough... we are lucky because we went through the revolution the advent of internet created in the world... our kids are even luckier as they will grow up having the web as part of their normal life and with all improvement it is to come.  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Cheers, guys :)

Quote from: mandru on October 17, 2010, 08:27:30 PMActually I see it as, you've left yourself something to say the next time you exchange greetings with them.  There's no need to throw all your cards on the table right off the start, right?   ;)

I think this is a misunderstanding. I nearly forgot to post here what that track was about, but I did play all-out when visiting his channel. You should know that I don't hold back  ;D I'm like kicking the door down and wait for someone to say, "come in."  ;D

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on October 18, 2010, 10:45:20 AM
I'm like kicking the door down and wait for someone to say, "come in."  ;D

^+-+ ^+-+

You're certainly no shrinking violet, Art! :)

Art Blade

Art Blade

2,000+ views.  ??? <faints> I've seen a lot of channels that are far older and have a lot less views.

I'm glad it works out so nicely. Yippee  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳