Killzone 2 (PS3 Only)

Started by eor123, September 30, 2010, 08:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

very nice post, that  ;D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

good job mmosu.  You can also gain points by being smart about placing turrets, or cloaking, and also one of my favorites - throwing down spawn grenades tactically.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

mmosu

Now that is something I'm having trouble with - I have my medic badge but whenever I find a downed teammate I can't figure out what to do to actually heal them  >:((

Art Blade

That sounds ridiculous and maybe this time it's a good idea to read the loser manual.  :) If you can't find it, one of the online buddies might know.

However, a situation like that.. I was just imagining one of those war films that feature those ill-tempered drill instructors or something like that. I can imagine such a bully seeing you and yelling at you, "stop thinking, private, and JUST FUCKING DO IT! For Christ's sake!"  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

Quote from: mmosu on November 19, 2010, 05:44:36 PM
Now that is something I'm having trouble with - I have my medic badge but whenever I find a downed teammate I can't figure out what to do to actually heal them  >:((

if I recall, you zap them back to life with an electrical device (literally the electricity flies through the air so you can heal from a little distance).  But, you have to upgrade it, initially its just for you maybe??  And probably equip it or something..  hopefully  that helps.

mmosu

Ok, I'm officially hooked on Killzone MP.  It's kind of rediculous how fun this is  :-()  I've been playing quite a bit lately and I feel like I'm doing pretty good, considering I've not really been a MP guy up until now.  I've got the special abilities of the different character classes figured out now, and I'm finding myself drawn to the Tactician class.  You can drastically affect the outcome of a match by spawn-point placement.  There have been a few games where my team was able to completely lock down and dominate the other team because of where I placed our spawn-points.  Just yesterday my team shut out our opponents because I was running around dropping spawn points so fast that we were actually able to trap the whole other team into a tiny corner of the map and completely isolate them from their objectives, meanwhile my teammates had free reign over the other 75% of the map and were free to capture objectives at their leisure.  I think that's why I think this MP is so cool - one player can make a huge difference given the right situation.  It makes you feel very powerful to be able to kind of take command of a 20 person team like that and lead them to victory.  It definately awards smarter play over brute force - a balancing act that I think some other games have tried to pull off but failed at.     

spaceboy

awesome!  yep, I too loved the Tactician for the same reason.  Strategic spawn grenade placement was often key to victory.  the only downside was when both teams had them placed near an objective (especially in  a room) and there'd be mass chaos - smoke from both grenades filling the room, players spawning and dieing constantly.  Fun for a bit, but got annoying.  It was better when the spawn drops were placed to allow players to approach the target from multiple avenues so you could secure the room.

mmosu

Agreed - sometimes a spawn bottle-neck can hurt your chances of victory too, especially if no one can come through it alive to set/disarm charges, capture a location etc.  If the other team is paying attention they can spawn-trap you by having a couple guys with machine guns camp on your smoke and kill everyone that pops up there before they can get oriented. 
One thing I've taken to doing is when the game starts, I'm first out of the gate and I try to penetrate as far as possible into the other team's end of the map and throw down some smoke before the first objective even appears.  That way my people have a good chance of spawning much nearer to the first objective than the opponents do, and if we can snag it we have an early lead.  One thing that helps with this is combining the "speed boost" secondary ability of the assault class with the tactician class - you can chew up a lot of turf and suddenly your whole squad is already there with you at the other end of the map and you've caught the other team with their pants down  >:D         

spaceboy

I did the same thing.  It was kind of like a kamikazee, take one for the team mission.  Get as deep into the map as possible and keep an eye out trying to get that last bit of ground behind you, and chuck the grenade before getting gunned down.

mmosu

Yeah man, I do a lot of "taking one for the team" just like you describe, or to force a spawn point into a heavily contested room, or any number of other situations where you have to push the other team out by sheer player volume in the area.  It's worth it though to see friendlies flooding into the area as you're going down.

Tags:
🡱 🡳